Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review: "The King by Jennifer L. Armentrout"

As Caden and Brighton's attraction grows despite the odds stacked against a happily ever after, they must work together to stop an Ancient fae from releasing the Queen, who wants nothing more than to see Caden become the evil Prince once feared by fae and mortals alike.












Title: The King ( A Wicked Trilogy #3.5)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts Incorporated 
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 198
Genre: Fantasy, Adult, Romance

Date Read: 15-07-2019

Favorite Quote: “They did take a lot from you, Brighton. Your mother. Your contentment. But it also seems like you gained a lot. Not from them, but from yourself.”

Review:
This book was one of my highly anticipated reads and it sure didn't disappoint! I did a reread of the whole series to prepare me for this book. 
Warning for those of you waiting to read this book because you don't like cliffhangers, this one has a huge one. There will be a third book called The Queen. 

What is this book about:
This book starts of where the last one ended. Caden is no longer the Prince, but he is the King now. He broke it of with Brighton but he can't seem to stay away from her. All Caden wants is for Brighton to back of and stay save. Well Brighton doesn't want to hear any of it though. She want justice to what was done to her. Not even Caden can keep her from getting it. 

What did I love about this book
I absolutely loved Brighton in this book. I won't give away any spoiler but man that girl is a bad ass! She is so so strong and I really admired her in this book. 
There was a twist in this book that I saw coming and am not a huge fan of that trope. However I am curious to see how it all turns out in the last book. 
I can see where Caden is coming from but man the dude was a huge dick sometimes. Like really dude, not cool man. I really hope he is going to do some groveling in the next book. 

Overall this book was amazing, it was action packed, hot, and just awesome. I really loved it. Couldn't put it down!

Rating:
5 amazing Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment