Thursday, March 26, 2020

Review "Midnight Rescue by Elle Kennedy"

Dangerous. Ruthless. Savage. And she's the good guy.

Abby Sinclair had a desperate childhood until she was rescued and adopted by a retired army ranger who molded her into a master of self-defense. Now, she's a cunning and fearless assassin thrust into assignment after dangerous assignment, using everything she has-nerve, resilience, strength, sex-to come out on top. Her only rule: trust no one.
Abby's latest assignment is in Columbia: go undercover and snuff out a dangerous arms dealer active in the underground sex trade. But when Abby purposely blows her cover in a last-ditch attempt to free the helpless victims, deadly mercenary Kane Woodland is recruited as back-up. His mission: get Abby out of that hell hole.

The last thing Kane expects is to feel a primal attraction for Abby. But when she convinces him to join her on her perilous mission, their newfound passion could put the lives of their whole team at risk.


Title: Midnight Rescue
Series: Killer Instincts #1
Author: Elle Kennedy
Publisher: Signet
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 368
Genre: Military, Assassin, Romance, Suspense

Cliffhanger: [ No (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [ HFN (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [ Rape is mentioned and past details are given. Revolves around sex/human trafficking, and there are a few torture scenes. (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: [ Not really (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [ No (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 23-03-2020 - 26-03-2020

Favorite Quote: " If there's one thing I've learned in my life, it's that shitty things happen. You can't always stop them. They just happen. And yeah, you can let them destroy you, but what's the point? Might as well learn to deal with all those shitty things and move on."

Review:
I really liked this book. It took me a bit to get through, not because it wasn't good but because I'm still in a bit of a book slump.
The story was great. I liked the interaction between Abby and Kane. I loved seeing them slowly open up to each other and grow.
Kane was amazing, strong and protective but knew when to back of or when to stand up for himself and call Abby on her bullshit. I really liked that.

What is this book about:
Abby is an assassin, a good one as well. She was trained by her adoptive dad to never be vulnerable again, to be strong. Abby finds herself in quite a tricky situation. But she has good reasons to be there. You see Abby went undercover to take a human trafficker but she got made and is being tortured for information. When she gets rescued by Kane and his men, they didn't expect the woman to be pissed over it.
Abby prefers to work alone. She doesn't trust anybody and has a hard time opening up to anybody. She never felt attracted to anyone but she can't help but feel something for Kane and that freaks her out.
After a bit of negotiating Abby and her crew decide to work with Kane and his men to complete the mission Abby send out to do, to save a group of girls from being sold as sex slaves.

What did I like/love:
Like I said above I really like the story. I liked how it all turned out. I loved Kane as well. I really liked how he didn't kept pushing and knew when to walk away. He is a great guy.
I liked Abby as well. I relate to her not being able to trust and open up to people. I admire her strength and resilience as well.

This book didn't have as many hot sex scenes as some of her other books do but it still had a few hot scenes. 

Overall I enjoyed this book and will definitely read the other books in this series.

What did I dislike/hate:
/

Rating:
4 I really liked it stars

No comments:

Post a Comment