Sunday, March 2, 2014

White Hot Kiss by jennifer armentrout

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)One kiss could be the last. 

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses. 

Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe—Layla tries to fit in, but that means hiding her own dark side from those she loves the most. Especially Zayne, the swoon-worthy, incredibly gorgeous and completely off-limits Warden she's crushed on since forever. 

Then she meets Roth—a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know all her secrets. Layla knows she should stay away, but she's not sure she wants to—especially when that whole no-kissing thing isn't an issue, considering Roth has no soul. 

But when Layla discovers she's the reason for the violent demon uprising, trusting Roth could not only ruin her chances with Zayne…it could brand her a traitor to her family. Worse yet, it could become a one-way ticket to the end of the world


review

5 starts. It was amazing. I really liked this book. I've read the prequel bitter sweet love a while back and I was immediately hooked. I already was a big fan of Jennifer Armentrouts book so I had high expectations about this new series. I didn't know if I would like gargoyles because I've never read about them before and yeah the image in  my mind of actual gargoyles  aren't exactly attractive and stuff.  There more like badass and a bit intimidating so I wasn't sure how it would turn out in a young adult novel. But Jennifer nailed it. I really like Layla, she just doesn't have it easy. I mean the guy you've been crushing on, you can't have. She can't get really close to anyone with a soul actually. That must really suck for an seventeen year old girl. Layla has very pale blond hair and really clear grey eyes.  I imagine she looks a bit like this but then with paler eyes.  Layla has been living with the gargoyles for a long time. Layla herself is an offspring of a demon and a gargolye. She can't shift like other gargoyles can and she can't produce offspring. Because of her demon half she can see souls and tag demons. But her biggest problem and maybe strenght is that she can take a persons soul when she get's really close to them. Like kissing close. So that sucks ass because layla has been crushing on Zayne for as long as she can remember and she can't have him or be close to him. And Zayne treats her like she is his little sister. About Zayne, This picure sums it up I guessI am not team Warden by the way. I liked Zanye. He was kind for Layla and he obviously cares about her, maybe even loves her but I don't see them being anything more. I don't think Zayne is what Layle needs. More than sexy, sassy, witty, handsome, funny, amazing, drool worthy deamon roth on the other end I adored. I love the guy he is awesome. I hear that Deamon ( Lux serries also by Jennifer) was  created out of Roth's image.  So the guy had to be awsome and I was right. Loved the guy, just love him. He is so right for Layla. The where awesome together.  And he is the only guy Layla can be truly close to because he doesn't have a souls so they can kiss and oh boy they did. 

Hmm roth. 

I just, hmm I can look at this guy for like ever."'Just so you know, your virtue isn't safe with me.  So when you look like you want me to devour every inch of your mouth, I will without an ounce of regret.'" 


"You need something"he said.  And when I stared at him, he added "your face""my face?""It's in need of my kisses"

And of course there are many many many more.  Roth has a lot of tattoos that can also come of his body. Like he has a snake tattoo on his arm that is also his demon familiar. It will become me a big snake named Bambie. Roth also has tree kittens that also have disney names. Roth is an upper lever demon. A really strong one. SPOILER  He is the prince s of hell.Roth also made an appearance in Bitter sweet love. He is been keeping an eye on Layla ever since then I think. I really like the scenes that had Roth in it. And I caught my self kind of skipping stuff just to read about Roth and Layla. Don't get be wrong I like layla, love her even. And I also like Zanye but it wasn't as interesting as Roth and Layla. The were less serious and the air was less heavy. Even Layla was happier then. And when Layla was back "home" which was more of a prison actually. I don't know how she manage living there without going insane. I mean being treated like she was nothing but a danger all here live most be exhausting. Even for me to read about it. And when she was with roth she felt free. Maybe that's why I like him moreOne thing Jennifer is also very good at is Cliffhanger endings that makes you want more. I mean omg omg I hated it. I had a feeling something was going to happen with Roth and it sort of did. No it did but when you think he is really gone he might not be. I so hope he is not gone forever. He must come back He just mus. I will be pissed it the second book Stone cold touch doesn't have roth in it. In my book Roth and Layla must be together. They are perfect.I hope this review makes any sense. I think I ranted more about roth than about the actual story haha. So I to sum it op  I loved it . It was interesting and it was new. I like the way the characters interact and grow toward each other. But not without consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment