Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bang Bang by Rachel van Dyken

He was my best friend.
Until he became my enemy.
All within the span of one night.
Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang.
The rapid fire of gunshots became the soundtrack to my life.
This is the Mafia. Lines are blurred. Choices are never black and white. And the life you thought you knew is... one giant lie.
He was dead.
And I didn't want his life to be in vain, so I tried to make something of myself. I tried and failed.
Now he's back. Alive. And he wants something...
Me.
Nobody ever said the mafia played fair.
Welcome to The Family.






Review
For some reason I haven’t read Bang Bang before and I now that I have I must say I liked it. It’s a sweet short story that contains the badass mafia action.  I also liked to see more of Bee and Phoenix. I really makes you want to read more about their story.
So what is this book about
This story is a side story in the Eagle Elite series It can be read as a standalone but I don’t recommend it. I recommend you reading it after elicit or it might spoil some things for you. This story is about Axton aka ax and Amy. Ax is the younger brother of Sergio and therefore the cousin of Nixon.  Amy is a de lange and she’s Phoenix cousin.
                Amy and Ax are best friends. Ax is the person Amy goes to after her father hits her again or when he and her mother are fighting. In the beginning of the books things go horrible wrong and amy and ax are separated. Amy’s mother is dead, her father gone MIA and she believes Ax is dead. Amy is put in foster care and they don’t treat her much better than her father did. Five years after the event Ax comes out of hiding, like Sergio and starts working for the family again. He doesn’t want to be he gets an offer he can’t refuse, amy. Since amy left Chicago after she graduated he lost track of her.
                This book wouldn’t be a mafia book if there weren’t some shooting, killing, plotting and weddings involved.

What did I like about this story

I liked that it gave us some insight in sergio’s family and it was a nice set up for Phoenix’s story. I liked how ax was willing to do anything for Amy and how Amy was devoted to Ax. I’m glad to see they got there happy ending. And I can’t wait to read Phoenix’s story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment