Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Review: "The Best Goodbye by Abbi Glines (Rosemary Beach #13)"


The look on Rose’s face had screamed that she was hiding something. Hell, she’d practically run away from me. There was something to that. I knew there was...

After ten years in the employ of a mysterious crime boss, River “Captain” Kipling is ready to leave his sordid past—and his cover occupation as an upscale restaurateur—behind him. The only thing standing in the way of his “retirement” is his commitment to launch a new restaurant in the resort town of Rosemary Beach. With his sister, Blaire, nearby, Captain can delay his dream of running a humble bar on the waterfront, but the unwanted attentions of his head server, Elle, have him itching to get out.

Until he notices Rose Henderson, the new server at the restaurant. All he knows about the pretty redhead with the cute glasses is that she’s a hardworking single mom from Oklahoma. But there’s something overly familiar about her laugh...something strange about the way she looks at Captain...




Review
I was very excited for this book. I really wanted to know more about Captain's story. And I must say I wasn't dissapointed. This book felt different from the other books. The other character weren't in it as mush and as much as I would have like to see more of them it didn't bother me. I liked this book the way it was. 

What is this book all about
This book focuses on Captain's story. Captain also known as river is Blair's brother. He was very involved with mase and reese's story and near the end we find out why. After he was done in texas he moved to rosemary beach to help set up and open a new restaurant. Captain didin't have an easly live either. We know that he was adopted but we know nothing about his live. Well we'll find out more now. 
Rose didn't have a easy life. She does what she can to provide for her 9 year old daughter. She is in rosemary beach because she found her daughters father. A boy she met in foster care, fell in love with and was forced to leave behind. She doesn't want to expose her daughter to her father without knowing what kind of a man he is. Sadly he isn't the man rose thought he was, the guy she remembered.  

What did I like about this book. 
I liked the scenes of Rose and River's past. I loved getting to know their past. I loved that this story was a bit different than the other stories in this series.
I really like Addy. She really tried her best and she's a great mom. Her daughter Franny was just adorable. I would love to read a story about her when she's grown up.
Overall I just really enjoyed this story. I couldn't put it down.  I do have to say there was a piece in this story that really caught me by surprise. I got the feeling I should have know but after looking through the previous books I'm kind of sure I couldn't have known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment