Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: "Sweet Peril and Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins (The Sweet Trilogy #2 & #3)"

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


Review 
So this is the second book in the Sweet Evil series. Things changed and the characters are growing up. 

What is this book about
This book starts of right where the first one ended. Kaiden left and Anna is trying to put the pieces back together.It isn't going well. Anna is willing to do anything to get Kaidin back but he isn't having it. 
 Anna still isn't safe yet.She is forced to work, meaning she has to party allot and pursue people to drink. So she changed her entire image and changed her look.
Anna is trying to find allies to help her in the upcoming war. They can change the way the nephilim live forever. Since Kaiden is making it very clear he doesn't want anything to do with her, Anna finds a friend an companion in Kopano. Both of them are traveling the world together. As they grow closer it becomes clear that Kaiden isn't really sure about not wanting Anna after all. 
What did I like about this book

I kind of liked the time pace in this book. I really liked that is shows Anna in different stages of her live. She really grew in that time, as did everyone. 
I kind of liked that Anna had to spend some time on her own without kaiden. Don't get me wrong I didn't like that she was hurting so much but at one point it kind of got a bit pathetic. I mean come on girl, grow some ladyballs and make Kaiden regret his decisions by growing without wining and begging. 

It’s time. 

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.


Review
The last and final book in this series. Everything will come to and end. We will find out if Anna and Kaiden can be together. If Anna and the other Nephilim will accomplice their goal. 

What is this book about
Well this books takes off where the other book ended. Kaiden and Anna are together but they still have to be very carefull. Anna is still very much a virgin and Kaiden's dad, the duke of lust, is still very suspicious of her.
If everything goes as planned they might have a shot of clearing the earth of the Dukes and live their lives the way they want to. 

What did I like about the book
I like the relationship Anna and Kaiden have now. They are really good together and their so happy. 
I liked that I could read this book in one sitting and forget everything. The story pulled me in. It was playing in my mind and made me think along, live in it. If a book does that to me I usually find that book good, or great. 
Although I really liked this book there was something that I didn't like in this one. Religion was an underlining in the other books but in this one it was more present. Especially at the end.  It started to bother me, I am not an christian or catholic or whatever. I respect anyone that does believe in god, and I am open about hearing about it but there is a limit for me. And this book was pushing my limit a bit.  It became a bit to much for me. 

Overall this series is really good. For a YA book it's great! I'm just not that into it anymore and it has to be really amazing for me to love it! I just didn't love it that much just loved it a little bit.  I'm happy that I finally read this series. I really really enjoyed it and I can't wait to meet the author in a view months

No comments:

Post a Comment