Thursday, June 28, 2018

Review "Mixed Up by Emma Hart"

Dirty cocktails, deadly enemies with a red-hot attraction, and one big, crazy, Greek family--what could possibly go wrong?

Hiring my brother's best friend was not on my to-do list.
Neither was he.

Expanding my dirty cocktail bar into food was supposed to be easy, except finding a chef in my little town of Whiskey Key is anything but.
Until Parker Hamilton comes home--bringing his Michelin starred chef's hat with him.
He has no work. I need someone like him in my new kitchen.
There's just one problem: I hate his cocky, filthy-mouthed, sexy-as-hell guts.
Even if I might want him. Just a little...

Working for my best friend's sister? Not on my to-do list.
She's another story.

Whiskey Key was supposed to be a relaxing vacation, except I haven't reached the heights I have by lying in a hammock drinking cocktails. So when Raven Archer is desperate for a chef, I offer up my skills.
I'm bored. She needs what I can give her.
Except there's a problem: I've always hated her.
Her and her big, blue eyes, sassy mouth, and killer curves.
If only I didn't want her.


Title: Mixed Up
Author: Emma Hart
Publisher: Createspace
Amount of Pages: 271
Genre: Adult, Romance, Humor

Date Read: 27-06-2018 - 28-06-2018

Favorite Quote: “Life would be so much better if it were acceptable to drink something stronger than a mimosa for breakfast. Seriously.”

“I’d spent my entire life hating her, yet now, here I was, falling in love with her.”

Review:
I liked this book. I kinda figured I would because so far I've always liked Emma's writing. This book was a funny, easy read and i really enjoyed reading it. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Raven and Parker. Raven is a hot successful mixologist and owner of a cocktail bar named Dirty. She grew up knowing Parker because he is her brothers best friend. And for reasons both of them don't know, they always hated each other. They went after each other like no bodies business. 
Parker is a hot, successful 3 Michelin star chef. He has been away for a few years while working in New York. He decided to come home for a summer after leaving his job. 
Raven is currently trying to add food to her bar but can't seem to find a proper chef, and her menu kinda sucks as well. Raven rather gets pocked in the eyes by a hot spear than ever ask Parker for help but desperate times call for desperate measures. She needs a chef now more than ever because her Greek family is coming over and they want to eat at her bar. 
Will Raven and Parker kill each other before the summer is over or will they find out they don't hate each other as much as they used to? 

What did I like about this book:
I liked the banter, the sarcasm, the snark. It was hilarious, Emma is really good at writing great banter. I liked that both Parker and Raven are strong characters, that non changed for the other. 
I really enjoyed reading this book, it did however remind me a bit (not much) of Sin (Vegas Nights #1) also written by Emma. 
One thing I also loved that the smut! There was enough of it and it was oh so hot. The build up was just as hot as the actual sex. 

Rating:






                                                                        Characters                                                                 
Parker & Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment