Monday, June 4, 2018

Review "The Girl and her Ren by Pepper Winters"

ARC


“What do you do when you write down all your secrets? No…that’s not enough. What do you do when you write down all your secrets and the one person who should never read them does?
I’ll tell you what you do.
You hope.”


REN
Ren didn’t know the meaning of love until he took Della for his own.
To begin with he hated her, but as the months bled into years, he learned the opposite of hate, dedicating his life to giving her everything.
Every sacrifice, every gift, he gave wholeheartedly.
But then love turned to lust and ruined everything.

DELLA
I was stupid to write my secrets down, but I’d been stupid before so it was nothing new.
I couldn’t blame him, hate him, fix him.
I tried to move on without him.
But no matter what I did, I couldn’t seem to delete the secrets I’d written.
Until something happened.
Until he came back and read my stupid secrets.
And nothing was the same after that.


*************************SPOILERS!!!**************************
*************************SPOILERS!!!**************************
*************************SPOILERS!!!**************************
*************************SPOILERS!!!**************************
*************************SPOILERS!!!**************************

ARC 

Title: The Girl and her Ren (The Ribbon Duet#2)
Author: Pepper Winters
Publisher: Self Published
Amount of Pages:300
Genre:Dark, Romance, New Adult/Adult

Date Read: 04-06-2018

Favorite Quote:"Caring for you was the easiest thing I've ever done, Della. Raising you was the best thing I've ever achieved. I'm so fucking honoured to have had that privilege."

"For Della and Jacob"

"Some say our romance is over. That his death ruins our story. And I'd agree, but only because romance can be killed, but love..it can't. It lived on, and I'm patient enough to wait for our happily ever after."

"When you love that deeply, nothing can ever die."

"Love transcends time, space, distance, universes. Love can't be confined to pages or photos or memories- it's forever alive and wild and free. Romance comes and goes, lust flickers and smoulders, trials appear and test, life gets in the way and educates, pain can derail happiness, joy can delete sadness, togetherness is more than just a fairy-tale...it's a choice.
A choice to love and cherish and honour and trust and adore.
A choice to choose love, all while knowing it has the power to break you.
A choice dear friends, to give someone you entire heart.
But in the end, love is what life is about. And love is the purpose of everything."


Review:
I will say it one more time, just incase you didn't guess it yet but this review will be full of spoilers. I can't talk about this book without spoiling. So be warned. 

This book is so heartbreakingly good. It broke my heart. I hardly cry over book, but this book made me bawl. I spoiled the ending for myself and even the author warns us that this book will be about live, about how live can be full of hardship, sadness and despair. Even though I knew, saw it coming and was warned on top of that, it still broke my heart. I bawled my eyes out. I can't write my review without my eyes tearing up. I couldn't write my favorite quotes without my heart wrenching in sadness and a desire to cry some more. 
Ren deserved more, he deserved so much more than live offered him. He deserved a miracle and so did Della. But sadly that isn't live, not often anyways.
This book hurt, reading it hurt, it hit me hard. But it is worth is. His story, their story is worth it. It is a story that you just can't tell and not read. It's an amazing story. It is a story about love, about how love is worth anything. That love is what this live is about, no matter how hard. Live isn't fair, life is painful but it is also good, and amazing and so worth it if you can find that love that transcends time. A love that will go on forever and that's the kind of love we see in this book. A love that will never stop. 
This book will stay with me for a long time, I doubt I'll ever forget it. It's a story that maybe in time I will be able to reread but I doubt it will ever be without tears. 

What is this book about:
As I've said before this book is about love. It's about life in all it's way. It's about finding that person you will give your entire being to and hope they give it to you in return. It's about living live to the fullest you could. It's about pain, cruelty, hardship, sadness. It's about the bad, cruel side of life but also about the amazing wonderful side of live. 

This book takes off where the last one ended. Ren left Della and both of them are suffering for it. They are miserable apart. Ren is struggling with accepting how he's felt all along and dealing with the moral issue of it. After all he did raise Della, saw her in every phase of her live. Loved her in all the different way's you can love some one. 
After coming to the realization that he is in fact in love with her, Ren goes back. But even though he figured out his feelings, he's still struggling. He and Della are giving it a try, and it's the best decision they ever made. 
They go back home, go back to the woods and live wild and free. They are free to do whatever they please, be together in whatever way they want. 
After a few years and certain events, Ren wants to give Della more. He wants to give her security, a roof over her head, money to support her. He wants to give her everything. 
And so he does. Unfortunate events make them go back to the place they spend allot of years, back at the farm with John. 
There they begin building a live together. But things don't remain good. After all the pain live dealt Ren, it decides to make matters worse, Ren is sick. Terminally ill, no cure. 
He makes it his lives mission to get everything out of whatever time he has left, and fulfill the promise he made Della. To give her everything he can. 

What did I love about this book:
I don't know how I feel about this book. I read to no be hit in the face with reality and this book didn't hit that quota. It hit me in the face big time. I loved the true love in this book. I loved seeing Ren happy. Seeing him more at peace at time. I loved his and Della's love story because it's a true one. It's a fierce and passionate one. A love that will never die. 
I hate the pain, the cruelty, the fight to prolong an ending we know is coming. I hate the hardship, and the tears. 
This is a very difficult book to read. It's hard to know that there is nothing you can do to change it, no real hope that it might be different. That somehow something changes and that miracles exist. It's real, this book is so very very real. 
So i'm very conflicted about this book, my feelings are still all over the place. 

The story of Della and Ren is so well written. Incredibly well done. It stayed true to the characters personality, to Ren's personality. A fighter, a survive to the very end. There are many things I haven't talk about in this book so don't think that the spoilers I've given sums up all the events that happen in this book because it's not. I've told the beginning and part of the ending, but not everything that happened in between. It's definitely worth the read. Just keep whine, chocolate and tissues near by, you will need it. 

Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment