Saturday, January 12, 2019

Review "Faking It by K. Bromberg"

Zane Phillips mistook me for his dog walker. It shouldn’t surprise me that the man with a suit more expensive than my rent would assume that I was there to serve him. The positive? I put him in his place. The negative? I missed my job interview because of it. 

Now I find out he’s a rich Australian entrepreneur, and he wants to make up for tanking my interview. Yes, he’s impossibly hot – but he’s also an arrogant jackass—so . . . no thanks. 

But after a little white lie I tell spirals out of control, I’m somehow offered the chance to play Zane’s girlfriend to help promote his new dating website – and the best part? He can’t say no because he’ll get caught in his lie too. 

Little did I know this would entail sharing a tour bus with him for the next few months. The fact that the bus has just one bed isn’t the most ideal of circumstances, but this spokesperson gig might be the kick in the pants my career needs, so why not take a chance? 

Famous last words. 

Now I’m crisscrossing the country–and sharing that bed—with the one guy I can’t stand. And even worse, my traitorous body is wondering at every turn what it’s like to be down under the gorgeous Australian. But as the miles unfurl, so does our passion…and if I’m not careful, I might end up believing that fairytales really do come true. 


Title: Faking It 
Author: K. Bromberg
Publisher JKB Publishing LLC 
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 287
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Date Read: 11-01-2019

Favorite Quote: "Sometimes the people who make you feel all riles up inside end up lighting a fire in your heart"

Review:
In the beginning I was feeling intrigued. It started off quite fast so It took me a bit figuring out who was who and what was going on. After that I started to feel annoyed with certain characters, especially robers and harlow's mom. I found the pushing a bit annoying. 
The more I read on the more I started to like it. I was too invested and wanted to see how the story would end. 

What is this book about:
The book starts of with Harlow being late for a job interview because Zayne mistook her for his dogwalker. After a shouting match between the tw Harlow was sure she would never see Zayne again. That is until he shows up at her house with a replacement of the shoes his dog broke and an invitation to her pre launch party for his company and new dating app called soulm8. Harlow keeps saying she won't go, and Zayne keeps insisting that she will. Harlow ends up showing up at this party and overhears Zayne talking shit about her, after turning to leave she runs into Robert, who owns 20% of the company, and they start talking. Harlow finds out that Robert doesn't fully trust Zayne yet. And that they are looking for a spokesperson for the company. Harlow decides to play the game Zayne is good at playing and manages to get the job. Zayne not being happy about this but also because of the lie he told Robert sees no way out of it. He figures with Harlow going on a promotion tour, he won't have to see much of her. Or so he thought. Robert had other plans. He wants Zayne to go on tour with Harlow to show their personal succes with the app. Because that lie Zayne told, the one that Harlow uses in her advantage, was that Zayne met Harlow on the app and that they are in love. And what proves that the app works better than its CEO finding love on there. So for the next two months these two people, who can't stand each other, have to live together in the tour bus and pretend to be in love with each other. Nothing can go wrong right.... 

What did I like about this book:
I liked the banter between the characters. I liked how their relationship progressed. It was to be expected but I enjoyed watching it unfold. 
I had a hard time connecting with both of them in the beginning but I got there eventually. 
Overall an enjoyable read by the talented K. Bromberg. 

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment