Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review "Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione"


In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .

She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .


Title: Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1)
Author: Larissa Ione
Publisher: Piatkus
Edition: Paperback
Amount of Pages: 388
Genre: Fantasy, Adult, Romance

Date Read: 12-01-2019 - 14-01-2019

Favorite Quote: "I'll bet you could make a woman throw out all her toys"

Review:
I knew I read this book before, back in 2013 I believe but I recalled very little of it. I recalled that the Eidolon, Shade and Wraith where doctors/ worked in a demon hospital. And that Eidolon and Tayla had sex in the beginning. But thats about it. It felt like I read this book for the first time. 

What is this book about:
This book is about demons. Not the I'm evil, i'm gonna kill and corrupt humans kind of demons, well not all of them. But demons that made the choice to do good. Eidolon is one of them, he and his brothers own a demon hospital. A place where demons can go when they get injured or sick and get healed. Eidolon and his brothers all have a kind of healing gift, thanks to the kind of demons they are. 
Tayla is a hunter. She is part of a human group that believes all demon are evil and kill them. On one of her assignments she gets badly injured. When she wakes up she finds herself in a hospital. Not any hospital, no a demon hospital. Everything she ever learned about demons, everything she ever thought was true, is being challenged. Could her group have it wrong the whole time? 
Tayle doesn't want to be attracted to Eidolon, she doesn't want to sleep with him, and she most definitely doesn't want to like him but the more she is around him, and the more she gets to know him, she can't seem to help herself. Will Tayla be able to look past her prejudice and see Eidolon for the man he is, and not his race. Or will Eidolon, like so many other demons, meet his maker at the hands of the slayer he can't seem to get out of his head... 
If that all isn't enough, there are demons being killed for their organs so the organs can be sold on the black market. 

What did I like about this book:
Overall I really liked this book. More specifically I really liked Eidolon. He is a good guy. I also really liked Shade, he is a no nonsense kind of person and I like that. Wraith intrigued me, I'd love to learn more about him. 
Tayla was oke, she got on my nerves from time to time. I get that it was a huge shock for her and that her whole world changed, and that it takes time to come to terms with that, but man girl. Open your eyes. Judge them by their actions and not their race. I guess its a hard blow to know that the things you've been killing weren't all evil, and some where innocent. 
The back and forth at times got to me, I guess i'm to impatience. 

Sometimes I found the flow of the story a bit off. Like the relationship between Tayla and Eidolon went a bit fast at the end. Because till then they where going back and forth a bit, you could tell they liked each other and that they where attracted to each other. That went at a somewhat normal speed. SPOILER But in the last couple of pages they where I love you and lets mate and bam it happend. Tayla changed her mind a bit quick. 

Overall a really enjoyable read and I most definitely look forward to reading more about these characters/ world

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment