Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review: "The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout

When Evelyn Dasher crossed paths with Luc, she was thrown headfirst into the world of the Lux—only to discover that she was already far more involved in their world than she ever suspected.

Because the Luxen aren’t the only ones with a hidden past. There’s a gap in Evie’s memory, lost months of her life and a lingering sense that something happened, something she can’t remember and nobody is willing to tell her. She needs to find out the truth about who she is—and who she was. But every answer she finds only brings up more questions.

Her search for the truth brings her ever closer to Luc, the Origin at the center of it all. He’s powerful, arrogant, inhumanly beautiful, extremely dangerous…and possibly in love with her. But even as Evie falls for him, she can’t help but wonder if his attraction is to her, or to the memory of a girl who no longer exists.

And all the while, a new threat looms: reports of a flu-like, fatal virus that the government insists is being spread by Luxen. A horrifying illness that changes whoever it touches, spreading panic across a country already at its breaking point.


Advanced Readers Copy:

Title: The Burning Shadow (Origin #2)
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Publisher: Tor Teen
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 432
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult

Date Read: 03-09-2019 - 04-09-2019

Favorite Quote: "There is only you and me. Boyfriend. Girlfriend. Mates. Lovers. I don't care what you call me, as long as you call me yours"

Review:
I was excited for this book. Especially with the way the first one ended! This book is everything we could ever want. Lots of action, angst, and swoon worthy moments. Be aware this book also ends in somewhat of a cliffhanger.

What is this book about:
This book begins where the first one ended. Evie or Nadia is having somewhat of an identity crisis. Who is she? She isn't the real Evie and she doesn't remember being Nadia. Luc is doing everything he can to help her but Evie isn't sure he just wants her because she was Nadia, and not for who she is now.
To make matters worse things with the luxen are escalating. People are getting killed and are blaming the luxen. The government is making some questionable choices, choices that are suspiciously similar to what happened in the second world war and that are happening with the immigrant in the united states.
Thats already enough to deal with one would think. But that's not all, strange things are happening to Evie. Things that makes everyone wonder what happened to Evie when Luc dropped her off at syliva's What else did Jason and Sylvia do beside curing evie. How did they do it?
When the past catches up with you, there aren't many places you can run to.

What did I love about this book:
I love the mystery and suspense of this book. Some twist I guessed early on and some I guessed a bit later and I was thrilled I got it right.
I love how dedicated Luc is to Evie. It's hard for me to see him as a swoon worthy romantic intrest because it makes me feel like a cradle robber since we met him when he was just a kid. But he is very swoon worthy with Evie. If we didn't meet him as a child I would have fell in love with him I think.
One thing I loved as well is that for once the roles where reversed. Luc ( the guy) being the virgin for once and not the girl ( evie)
I absolutely loved seeing Damon and the others again! I can't wait for book 3 to come. It can't get here soon enough

Rating:
5 amazing Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment