Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review "The Living Canvas by Pepper Winters"

“Must be brave, stubborn, and impervious to the tempers of loved ones.”

The first line hissed with history.

“Hours are endless, pay is non-existence, quitting absolutely forbidden.”

The second line ached with truth.

“Able to function on no sleep, refrain from running when times get hard, and be more than just a living canvas but a lover.”

The third thrummed with honesty.

“Other attributes required: forgiving, opinionated, and not afraid to tell me when I’m wrong. Must also enjoy being touched and kissed at any time of my choosing.”

The fourth glowed with promise.

“Call or email ‘YOUR HEART, HIS SOUL’ if interested in applying.”

The final made my future unfold.

The advert was so similar to one I should never have applied for.
A twist of fate that brought two destined people back together.
A job I would take in a heartbeat if the employer could offer such terms.
But I wasn’t free.
Neither was Gil.
Therefore, my interview could never happen.
 


Advanced Readers Copy

Title: The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery #2)
Author: Pepper Winters
Publisher: unknown
Edition: Kindle
Amount of pages: 353
Genre: Romance, Suspense, Contemporary

Date Read: 09-10-2019

Favorite quote: "Brush by brush destroyed me. Colour by colour, he sentenced me to die"

Review:
I couldn't wait to dive into this book. Especially with the way the last one ended, I couldn't wait. I read it in one sitting. I'll try and keep this review spoiler free. If some things don't make sense then I hope they will after you've read this book.
Things get resolved quite quickly. Quicker and a bit different than I expected to. I doubted Gil but I learned that I shouldn't have.
Still not sure how I feel about Olin. She is a nice person, perhaps a bit to nice, but she did somethings a bit backwards. When Gil was beging her to leave, she refused and stayed, but now when Gil asked her to say, she was like no. Like timing woman haha. So yeah she was still a bit all over the place as she was in book one. I think it's part of who she is. I do admire how far she was willing to go for the person she loved. Not many people could take what she had to endure and still keep doing everything for that person. Think of that what you will.

What is this book about:
This book picks up where the first one ended. Gill has hit rock bottom, he couldn't get away from his tormentor anymore. He has to give up the woman he loved in order to get his daughter back.
He is desperately trying to figure out a way to save both of them.
Olin is devastated, she can't believe the things Gill is involved in, she doesn't understand why. Why is he doing this and why didn't he get help when he had the chance.
When things take a turn for the worse can Gill make up for the things he did or is everything destroyed forever.

What did I like about this book:
I liked the suspense. The emotions in this book felt so real. I could really feel Gills desperation, his anxiety, his guilt but also his love and his desire to do the right thing. I could feel how conflicted Olin was and some points she made I could agree with.
Olin isn't my favorite heroine, she was t0o wishy washy and was to much of a pushover for me but she and Gill made it work.
I really liked Justin, he is a great friend. I don't think both Olin nor Gill could have found a friend more loyal than Justin.

Rating:
4 I really liked it stars

No comments:

Post a Comment