Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review: "Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco"

In the shocking finale to the bestselling series that began with Stalking Jack the Ripper, Audrey Rose and Thomas are on the hunt for the depraved, elusive killer known as the White City Devil. A deadly game of cat-and-mouse has them fighting to stay one step ahead of the brilliant serial killer---or see their fateful romance cut short by unspeakable tragedy.

Audrey Rose Wadsworth and Thomas Cresswell have landed in America, a bold, brash land unlike the genteel streets of London they knew. But like London, the city of Chicago hides its dark secrets well. When the two attend the spectacular World's Fair, they find the once-in-a-lifetime event tainted with reports of missing people and unsolved murders.

Determined to help, Audrey Rose and Thomas begin their investigations, only to find themselves facing a serial killer unlike any they've heard of before. Identifying him is one thing, but capturing him---and getting dangerously lost in the infamous Murder Hotel he constructed as a terrifying torture device---is another.

Will Audrey Rose and Thomas see their last mystery to the end---together and in love---or will their fortunes finally run out when their most depraved adversary makes one final, devastating kill?


Title: Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper #4)
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Publisher: Jimmy Patterson
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 448
Genre: Young Adult, Historical, Romance, Mystery

Favorite Quote: “The world needed to be better. And if it wasn’t possible for it to be better, we, its inhabitants, needed to do better.”

Date Read: 10-09-2019

Review:
I started this book at midnight, the second it hit my kindle. This was honestly one of my most anticipated reads of this year. I planned to read just a few chapters before going to bed but then that plot twist hit and I had to keep on reading. I finished at 4am in the morning.
The book was really good! Now I'm a bit sad that it's over though.

What is this book about:
The book starts off where the last one ended. Audrey-Rose and Thomas just arrived in America and discovered they, well not they personally but the ship they where on, delivered America it's own Jack the Ripper.
Things seem to be progressing well between Audrey Rose and Thomas. They are back on track after their hick up in book 3, but not everyone seems to be on board with their love. Someone is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure they don't get married.
With a race against the clock Audrey Rose and Thomas are trying to catch the Devil before he kills again and before everything they worked for, everything they wanted gets ripped away from them.

What did I love about this book:
I love Audrey Rose and Thomas's relationship. They are for sure one of my OTP. I love their growth and how they worked together.
My heart stopped at their wedding. For those of you who read the book, you'll know why. I honestly sped read through the rest of the book because I had to know how things would work out. How they could possibly fix the damage.
I hated Thomas's father so so so much. I can't phantom why he would do that to his on child, to his own children. By the end I was still so mad at him, and I couldn't grasp why Audrey Rose and Thomas let him be at their wedding in the end. Like my god, I would have tossed his sorry ass off a cliff and call it an accident.
Overall it was a great conclusion to the series. The series took a twist I didn't expect when I read the first book. Everything came together so well.
Kerri has raw skill and talent, it's amazing that this is her first series. I can't wait to see what else she can come up with.

Rating:
5 amazing stars

No comments:

Post a Comment