Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review "Emma Hart: The Holly Woods Files 1&2"


I’m an Italian-Texan woman in a family full of cops. I’m passionate and shoot before I think. You only f*ck with me if you’re stupid.

Photograph cheating spouses. Hand over the evidence. Cash my check.
That was my plan when I returned home to Holly Woods, Texas, and became a private investigator.
Finding the dead body in my dumpster? Yeah… Given the choice, I think I would have opted out of that little discovery, especially since all three of my brothers are cops. And my Italian grandmother is sure the reason I’m single is because of my job.
Of course, my connection to the victim is entirely coincidental. Until I’m hired by her husband to investigate her murder and shoved bang-smack into the path of Detective Drake Nash. My nemesis, a persistent pain in my ass, and one hell of a sexy son of a bitch.
Shame he still holds a grudge from that time I shot him in the foot twelve years ago, or we could have something. In another life.
So now all I have to do is avoid my nonna’s blind dates, try not to blackmail my brothers into giving me confidential police files, and absolutely do not point my gun at Drake Nash. Or kiss him. Or jump his bones.
All while I hunt down the killer.
Sounds totally simple—until a second body proves that sometimes things that start as coincidences don’t always end up that way…


Review 

I really really like this book. I haven't read anything in a while from emma hart but I'm glad I've re-discovered her and I love her. This book was amazing. This book is very thrilling and very exciting, and hot. One character  I definitely didn't like was our main character, Noelle's grandma. She was so annoying, trying to find Noelle a boyfriend and setting her up. And that god awful accent and temper. Not hating on Italian accents but it didn't help me like the grandma.

What is this book about.

Noelle is a Italian Texas women, so you can imagine she has a bit of a temper. Noelle comes from a family of cops, her father and three brothers are cops and so was she. But she quit the job and became a privet investigator. She is very good at her job, the best there is. Only this time a body was found on her grounds and ofcourse very sexy, hot, alpha detective Drake Nash. He and noelle do not get along at all and the attraction and spark between them aren't helping at all. 

What did I like about this book

I like the mystery in this book. It really kept you wanting to find out more and more. Not once did I thought I had a clue who the killer was and why he did what he did. So bravo for emma, very good.  I also liked the strong female character. I really liked Noelle, she was strong and she wasn't afraid to stand up for herself and get what she wanted. I really respected that. I did keep wondering how the hell that woman wasn't fat. She was inhaling cupcakes on a daily basis.  It drove be kind of crazy, only because it made me crave cupcakes ahahaha. 
I loved how Noelle was dealing with drake. She didn't put up with his shit and dear god did he hate that. 


One date with the sexier-than-sin Detective Drake Nash. Simple.

Until you take into account that my brother finally proposed to his girlfriend, so Nonna is on a warpath—and the crazy old bat has Cupid by the balls.

The upcoming mayoral elections has everyone running on full speed, and while I couldn’t give any less craps about the corrupt Holly Woods mayor’s office, a dead body in the middle of a campaign speech has me thrown right into the middle of it. The victim is close to the mayor, but all he cares about is minimizing the damage to his campaign, so he hires me to work alongside Drake to close the case as quickly as possible.

Bad news for our tentative relationship.

We disagree far more than we agree, but being at loggerheads won’t get this murder solved… Or deal with the arrival of someone from his past.
The mysteries behind the murder aren’t the only things unraveling, and despite being knee-deep in lies and corruption and bonds so tangled they’re almost indecipherable, I have to figure out if I’m willing to fight for Drake the way I do justice…
Or if he’ll be my one who gets away


Review

I still loved this book but it was a little less thrilling than the first one because it wasn't as new. I'm glad to see some development in the relationship between Noelle and Drake. 

What was this book about

Once again there are some new murders in Holly Woods Texas, and again it's getting to close to Noelle. Which ofcourse means that Noelle has to work with Drake again, now more closely than before.  
Noelle isn't working on these murders but as a member of the Holly Woods police team. You see the mayor has personally hired Noelle to help the police. As good as Noelle is that doesn't mean that everyone is happy that Noelle is helping.  And it really doesn't help when all Noelle and Drake seem to do is argue and fight. And ofcourse there is still that lingering attraction between them.

What did I like this book.

I liked reading about Noelle and Drake, and seeing there relationship grow. I still didn't like the grandma at all, she was getting more and more possessed with the matter as the story continued. I really didn't like that woman at all, she really needs to learn boundaries.
I can't wait to read the last book so I can find out how their relationship is going and I'm a bit curious what's going to happen next in the o so quiet town of holly woods texas.  And ofcourse I want to know if drake's annoying ex fiance is taking backing down or not. My guess, not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment