Monday, August 31, 2015

Review "Sweet Rome by Tillie Cole"

You met Romeo Prince in the Amazon & USA Today bestselling novel, Sweet Home. Now hear the story from his lips: unbarred, uncensored, and raw to the bone. 

It makes me laugh when I hear folks think Molly and I rushed into things too fast, spouting that we couldn't possibly have felt what we did for each other in such a short space of time. I say, how the hell would they know? We made it, didn't we? She became my whole life, didn't she? And as for my folks not being real, being true? Tell that to me aged ten, eleven, twelve—damn, all my bastard life—when I was never enough, when I was beaten until I bled for being too good at football and not being everything they'd dreamed: the perfectly dutiful son. Tell that to thousands of kids around the world getting wailed on by asshole parents for whatever stupid reason; tell them evil don't exist in their eyes. 

Fuck Romeo and Juliet. This is the story of me and my girl, from my lips. No mushy sentiment, no cheese, just the plain, hard truth, and, because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you in on more of our story too. 


Review
It has been a very long time since I've read the first book sweet home, but that doesn't matter. It's basically the same story but from Rome's point of view. I still think the names are very very cheese but it fitter the characters.  Just to be clear the males name was Romeo Prince and the female's name is Molly Juliet Shakespeare. So yeah it's a modern aged Romeo and Juliet story. 

What is this story about 
This story is told in Rome's point of view. Rome is the Quarterback for the Tide in collage. Rome has a very crappy childhood and isn't treated well by his family. That causes him to be a moody  son of a bitch. Not only is he stuck with his crappy parents but they're also forcing him to get engaged to Shelly. Shelly is a shallow, vindictive, cruel bitch.  
One day Rome meets the new British student  Molly. Molly is a shy, very smart, pretty girl with brown hair and brown/golden eyes. The only down thing about her is that she wears horrible croqs.  Those things should be burned.  Molly didn't have an easy childhood , causing her to be very careful with people. She doesn't let people in. 
This is they're story. A story of two people finding each other and going against terrible odds to stay together.  A story about change and becoming better people. That despite having a bad childhood, and/or horrible parents, that doesn't mean it has to dominate your future. 

What did I love about this story.
I love love Rome. He really didn't have easy but darn does that boy loves Molly with something fierce. He stood by her trough everything.  I love his journey of becoming independent, and breaking free of his parents. 
I did love his dominant side, especially during the sex. That was very very hot. I liked how Molly was with him and I loved how Rome was with her.  What I didn't like was how Molly could just disappear and not contact Rome for such a  long time after what happens. I know she had a tendency of running away but she didn't go through that alone and to do that to Rome was just horrible.  And the fact that he just took her back, just like that  without talking about it. No he just saw her and thought how could she do that to me... but that doesn't matter she back.  And that's that. Of course I wanted them to be together again but I didn't expect Rome to be that easy on her. Well that does show how much he loves her. 







No comments:

Post a Comment