Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Review "My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea M. Cameron"

The past will always find you.

Jos Archer was the girl with the perfect life; until the night it all came crashing down around her. Now, nine months later, she still hasn't begun to pick up the pieces. Even transferring to a new college and living under the watchful eye of her older sister, Renee, isn't enough to help her feel normal again.

And then she meets Dusty Sharp. For reasons Jos can't begin to fathom, the newly reformed campus bad boy seems determined to draw her out of her shell. And if she's not careful, his knowing green eyes and wicked smile will make her feel things she's no longer sure she deserves.

But even as Dusty coaxes Jos to open up about the past, he's hiding secrets of his own. Secrets about the night her old life fell apart. When the truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together;or tear them apart for good?
 
Review
I liked this book, it was okey. I read my favorite mistake a while ago and I liked it.  In this book the characters where a bit controversial, and that’s okey but I didn’t expect it. Also the main character was 17 and that’s a bit below the age group I read about lately. Overall it was a okey book and I enjoyed it. It just wasn’t as good as some of the books I’ve read recently.

What is this book about.
This book focuses on the little sister from Renee, Joselyn aka Jos. Jos was a prim and proper girl until something happened causing her to chance completely. Jos is sent to live with her sister Renee. Renee lives with her boyfriend paul, Mase and Renee and Taylor and Hunter ( Taylor was the main character in the first book).
Jos has gone through her wild phase hard, causing her to drop out of her old university and transfer to another one. She is very closed off and doesn’t want to be helped. It doesn’t help that her sister has taking on the mother/big sister/ and prison guard roll and having all the other people in the house watch her like a hawk as well.
In the hospital ( when she had to tag along for her sisters shift), she met dusty, a guy with green eyes, dark hair and a bit of darkish skin. Dusty is a friend of hunters. During her second class she meets a this girl called Hannah. Hannah has allot of blond hair and a burn scar on the left side of her face and arm. They hit it off immediately.
This book is very similar to the first one. Both Jos and Dusty have a secret that they don’t want to share. Little do they know that there secrets are very similar.

What did I like about this book
I liked that this was an easy read. You didn’t have to focus much and it doesn’t take you on a emotional rollercoaster.
I liked the characters but I just didn’t love them. I just couldn’t love this book and I really wanted to. If I didn’t read some excellent books before this one, I might enjoy it more.
I did like that this book was about redemption and letting go of your past. It shoes that sometimes it’s worth trusting someone with you secret.  And that is great to have a close group of people that love and support you.
I also like Hannah very much. She was a very funny and strong girl and her sex metaphors where just hilarious.

Quotes that I liked.
Just smile. The world isn’t that bad. Besides, you have to have the bad parts so you recognize the good ones when they come along.

Tasty, Tasty man cake covered in sex frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment