Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Review "Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren"

Just when Chloe’s career starts to take off, Bennett wishes it would all slow down long enough to spend a wild night alone with his girlfriend. But after he refuses to take no for an answer, Chloe and Bennett find themselves with two plane tickets, one French Villa, and a surprising conversation that, predictably, leaves them wrestling under the covers.












Review
I’m not sure if I like this book. I found it very confusing, and in order to explain why properly I have to spoil some things so here is your warning.

What is this book about
I thought this book would take place after the events, including the epilogue in beautiful bastard. But this wasn’t the case.  The book starts with Bennett thinking about the moment after he and chloe rekindle at her presentation. It tells you that Bennett and Chloe where broken up and separated for two months, but the book doesn’t tell you why exactly. It only tells you that they had a rough time transitioning from hate fucking to loving each other. Apparently Bennett messed up, was a jerk, and Chloe left. There were also tons of new people in this book that chloe apparently knew her whole life.
Bennett wants to take some time off before he and chloe are moving to New York to open an new office for Ryan Media. Chloe doesn’t work for Bennett anymore but she still works for Ryan inc. At least that’s what I think, I’m not sure. Bennett and Chloe are very busy and they don’t see each other that much. Bennett wants to take a vacation to France together but Chloe doesn’t think it’s a good idea due having little time. In the end Bennett gets Chloe to say yes but they go on separate days. On top off all of this Chloe can’t get to France because there was a strike at the airport, causing her to be a view days late. In France, during a sex session, bennetts asks Chloe to marry him. No he tells her he wants to get married. It turns out that Chloe was also going to ask Bennett to marry her. This confused me because Bennett already asked Chloe in the sweetest way in France in the epilogue in Beautiful Bastard.

What did I think of this book
Like I tried to explain. It seems like this book was a bit random, just to give us more of Chloe and Bennett. Don’t get me wrong I like seeing more off Chloe and Bennett but I missed debt and background story in this book. It felt like Christina Lauren forgot some things from the first book while writing this one. I hoped this book would show how Bennett and Chloe were doing after the epilogue or show us what happened at the end of the book and the beginning of the epilogue but it just didn’t match. I also would liked to see some more information on what the hell happened and what was going on. We just didn’t get much of that in my opinion. So I someone reading this review and is like but I know what the hell happened or something, please let me know.
So overall I just like this book. It was oke. It wasn’t what I wished for and I’m sad that it wasn’t. There was so much potential in this book and It just didn’t meet that potential. It felt like the books or series wasn’t planned that well.
I did love seeing Bennett being the one to try and fix their relationship and try and spend some quality time together. He was really trying and put in allot of effort.




No comments:

Post a Comment