Sunday, August 2, 2015

Scorched by Jennifer Armentrout

Sometimes life leaves a mark…

Most days, Andrea doesn’t know whether she wants to kiss Tanner or punch him in the gut. He is seriously hot, with legit bedroom eyes and that firefighter body of his, but he’s a major player, and they can’t get along for more than a handful of minutes. Until now.

Tanner knows he and Andrea have had an epic love/hate relationship for as long as he can remember, but he wants more love than hate from her. He wants her. Now. Tomorrow. But the more he gets to know her, the more it becomes obvious that Andrea has a problem. She’s teetering on the edge and every time he tries to catch her, she slips through his fingers.

Andrea’s life is spiraling out of control, and it doesn’t matter that Tanner wants to save her, because when everything falls apart and she’s speeding toward rock bottom, only she can save herself.

Sometimes life makes you work for that happily ever after…
 


Review

I have yet to read a book from Jennifer that I didn’t like. I have said it many times and I will say it again this woman is a book writing genius

What is this book about
This book is about Andrea (Andy) and Tanner. In this book you’ll also find the characters from Frigid, Kyler and Sydney.  Andrea is a trust fund baby, but that doesn’t mean she acts like a spoiled brat. She volunteers at a suicide hotline and at the mental ward in a hospital. Both her parents are successful plastic surgeons and her brother is also studying to become a surgeon. Andrea was studying to become a surgeon but changed her major to teaching. Andrea likes to party and drink, and boy can she drink allot.
Tanner is working at the fire station and he’s going to the cop academy soon. He always wanted to help people and be a better man and cop than his father. Ever since he met Andrea he was interested. Who couldn’t be interested in a curvy read head with the pretty hazel eyes. 
Andrea and Tanner are good at one thing bickering and fighting. Their banter can go on for a long time, sometimes crossing the line of insulting each other.
It still bugs Andrea that Tanner doesn’t remember her from the two classes they shared in there freshmen year, and that he slept with her roommate. She had a serious crush on the guy. She loved his cropped on the sides- short on the top, hair, his stormy blue eyes and his rock hard abs. I mean what is not to like, and on top of that he is a funny, charming and good guy.

What did I like about this book.
This book covers mental illness very well ( I won’t spoil who has a problem and what it is) I could really relate to that since I have been struggling with some personal problems as well. This book showed me that It’s okey to be  “messed up in the head” and that that doesn’t mean that nobody will love you. People will help you, want to help you if you let them. That it doesn’t mean you’re unworthy or that nobody will fall for you. Again you just have to let them.  This book also showed me that you don’t have to have a size 2 to be attractive.
I really loved Tanner. He is a very sweet, charming, sexy, caring and funny guy.  He really cares for Andrea and he really is what she needs.

Quotes from the book
I needed to learn to recognize when I was feeling depressed and what those quiet moments signified. I needed to develop better coping mechanisms, and that’s what dave and the staff helped me with. When I started to become restless, it was time to pick up a book, go watch a movie or take a walk, call a friend or visit family. I learned that I needed to open myself up. I had an amazing support system right at my fingertips. I just needed to allow myself to use them.


“I mean, I knew my head- my thoughts sometimes just didn’t make sense. Like it always went to the worst-case scenario and I .. I don’t think I’m good enough or worthy enough and those quiet moments, God there killer. That’s what’s really going on with me so- please don’t say anything that you really don’t mean". He didn’t say anything for a moment and then “First of, you are fucking good enough and you are worthy. Okey? Yeah you make a shit choice, but that’s not going to define who you are from this point. You know why?"  “ why? “ “Because you learned from your shit choice. You are still learning. You are doing everything to not make a shit choice like that again. And secondly? You have depression. So do how many million other people? I’m not trying to downplay it. I know it’s serious shit, but do you thing that makes me think any less of you? Depression isn’t the villain in this, the way you were trying to cope with is was. Depression isn’t the bad guy and neither are you.. And finally? I love you , Andrea”





No comments:

Post a Comment