Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review "Falling by E.K. Blair"

Sometimes it takes someone else to show us what we are truly capable of becoming.

Suffering from years of violent abuse, Ryan Campbell has learned how to keep people from getting too close. But when you shut yourself off, people get hurt along the way. Never caring much about others, Ryan creates a world in which he doesn’t have to feel.

When Ryan meets Candace Parker, all of his walls slowly begin to crumble. Not sure of the truth of who she is, he feels his mind is playing tricks on him. Unable to force out the thoughts that consume him, Ryan is haunted by visions that torment him every time he looks at her. He finds himself swallowed by guilt and blame, but he’s unwilling to turn his back on the one person that could possibly save him.
You’ve heard Candace’s story in Fading, now hear Ryan’s.

 Review
I’ve read the first book, Fading which is written in Candace point of view, a while back. I never got the chance to read the book in Ryan’s point of view. And I must say I loved it so much.  Ryan is such a selfless caring guy and he was so patient and loving towards Candace. He really melts my heart.

What is this story about.

This story is the same as in the first book but in my opinion you don’t have to read that one to read and understand this one. Although the story is the same, there is so much more to it in my opinion. This story is in Ryan’s point of view. Ryan is a 28 man, and he’s just perfect.  It wasn’t described, in this book what he looks like and I don’t remember but I pictures a man with a very hot body, tall, dark messy hair with blue/green/grey eyes.
Ryan has a tough childhood. His father was an abusive drunk and because of that Ryan is scared to get involved with girls, like a  relationship, because he’s scared he’ll turn out like his father. Ryan owns a bar near campus which is quite successful  One night he hears some noise near the dumpster behind his bar but he thinks nothing of it until he hears a girl scream. He runs out to see what is going on and finds this girl being beaten and raped.  He doesn’t know who this girl is and neither the police or the hospital contacts him about anything related to the attack so he doesn’t know how this girl is doing and who she it. That night really messed with his head.
At his bar he needs a new band to play, and that’s how he became friends with mark and Jace. Jace is plays in the band that he booked for his bar.  One morning he sees this girl working in a coffee shop and she reminds him of the girl that was attacked near his bar but he convinced himself that she couldn’t be. It turns out that this girl is very close friends with Jace.  Ryan is really intrigued with this girl and wants to get to know her better.  He didn’t know how hard that would be. Candace is very hard to read, doesn’t trust people easily and doesn’t really open up to anyone except Jace.  Ryan doesn’t let that get in his way and he finds himself falling in love with her. Candace has her secrets and Ryan want to get her to open up to him, trust him, need him. But he doesn’t know he knew her secret all along. And that secret, the secret they both kept, is what might stand between them.
There are allot of amazing side characters in this book.  There are Jace and Mark of course. Then there was Max, he’s the head of security for Ryans bar. Then there’s Mel and Zane. Mel also works for Ryan behind the bar.
Then there are Ryans mother donna and his cousin Traci. Besides tracy Ryan has more cousins and they all have children but I don’t remember all their names. There are allot more side characters but I really don’t remember them all.

What did I love about this book.
I just loved Ryan. He is such an amazing caring guy. He went through so much himself and he still manages to put that aside and give everything he has for Candace. I see allot from Candace in myself, so I could relate to her in some way. I understood the things she did, and why she acted some times and I wanted to hate her for putting Ryan threw the things she did but I understood her. I didn’t like seeing Ryan so hurt but I understood where she’s coming from.
I really loved the story, it showed me you can trust people. You just have to find the right people to trust. I showed me that people are willing to fight and wait for you, but you have to give them a chance. You have to let them in.  Even though you’re scared shitless you have to try and push through it and try.   You don’t have to let the pain you felt in the past, keep you from living in the present.

Quotes

Pain is a reminder you’re still alive

"You are the only reason there’s light in my life. Before you, there was nothing but darkness."

"You’re not gonna get drunk, slap my ass, and tell me how sexy I am,  are you?"










No comments:

Post a Comment