Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review "Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G"

Just friends.
We’re just friends.
No, really. She’s just my best friend... 


Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)

Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.

Never thought about it.
Never wanted to.

Until one night changed everything.
At least, it should’ve ...

Just friends.
We’re just friends.
I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…


Review
I gifted this book to a fellow reader for her birthday a while back. So that and the very very sexy cover really spiked my interest. After reading the summary I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book because I don’t read about friends-to-lovers too often. But I really liked this book. It was very sweet and funny with the right amount of sexiness. I mean who wouldn’t like a guy with a six back, a half sleeve tattoo on his arm, with pretty light eyes, dark hair, a stopple beard and dimple’s. I mean that just screams perfect. And on top of that all the guy is also very smart
The female lead is also a very pretty and down to earth girl yet also kind of dreamy. She is in business school but her real passion lies in the culinary world.

So what is this book all about.
This book is about Carter and Arizona. It’s written in dual point of view. Carter and Arizona met in the fourth grade but they couldn’t stand each other. They became best friends in the fifth grade and they still are. ( I don’t remember their age though). They claim they’ve never hooked up and aren’t interested in doing so.  But that doesn’t mean it might change in the future.
There’s allot of back and forth bickering between the two of them and you can really tell they're  good friends.
You also see glimpses and notes from their past, when they just met and started to become friends.

What did I love about this book.
I liked that is was a simple story that really sucked you in. I just couldn’t put it down. Even though I suspected how it would turn out, it didn’t made this story less enjoyable 
I really loved carter and the way he would do anything for Arizona was just so sweet. I don’t think he even realized how much he cared.

WARNING MAYBE SPOILER AHEAD
At one point in this book I really wanted to slap Arizona in the face and be like “girl read his damn letter and just arg!!!”. I know you’re hurting but come on!!!  I was really getting scared I wouldn’t get the ending I wanted.
END MAYBE SPOILER

So I won’t write anymore because I’m afraid I’ll really spoil something and there isn’t much more to write about. Don’t get me wrong there’s allot of things happening and going on in this book but I think I captured the essence of the story.

So If you love a friends-to-lovers kind of book, with romance and the right amount of dirt, like a simple and easy read to get your mind of things. This book will be the book for you. 










No comments:

Post a Comment