Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Review "Thicker than water by Brigid Kemmerer"

On his own.

Thomas Bellweather hasn’t been in town long. Just long enough for his newlywed mother to be murdered, and for his new stepdad’s cop colleagues to decide Thomas is the primary suspect.

Not that there’s any evidence. But before Thomas got to Garretts Mill there had just been one other murder in twenty years. 

The only person who believes him is Charlotte Rooker, little sister to three cops and, with her soft hands and sweet curves, straight-up dangerous to Thomas. Her best friend was the other murder vic. And she’d like a couple answers.

Answers that could get them both killed, and reveal a truth Thomas would die to keep hidden…


Review
I really liked this book. It was nice. It was kind of predictable but hell I enjoyed it.  I don't read to many YA books lately but this one I liked! I read this book because this author was at apollycon2016! 
What is this book all about
This book is about Thomas and Charlotte. Thomas doesn't have it easy. After his mom got murdered in their home, he is their prime suspect. It doesn't help well kind of does that his step-father is a police officer. At the funeral he meets Charlotte. Well it doesn't really help his case because all of her brothers, she has 3 or 4 no maybe 2... anyway, and he father are police officers and they are sure that Thomas killed his mother. Add living in a small town to the list.  Yeah not looking good. Thomas just doesn't know how to prove that he didn't kill his mother! Charlotte seems to be the only person in town that believe's he's innocent and is willing to help him. Only Charlotte comes from a very very overprotective cop family, adding diabetes to the list doesn't help either.  Thomas and Charlotte have to find a way to prove thomas innocence and figuring out their own feelings without making things worse for Thomas. And yeah when  the whole town and overprotective family is hunting you down is something you really don't need in your life. 
What did I like about this book
I liked that this book was a bit different. It really took a big turn that I didn't see coming. I'm still not sure that the story needed that. I think it could do without but I say well done to the author for trying. I did have a bit of a hard time understanding at that point but I got it eventually. Like I've said many times before that might just be because I read really fast and tend to skip over things haha. I know bad habit. 
Overall this was a nice read! The author was really nice, I'm glad I've met her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment