Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Review "Up in smoke by Tessa Bailey"

Never start a fire you can’t control…

Connor Bannon is supposed to be dead. Dishonorably discharged from the Navy SEALs, he's spent the last two years working as a street enforcer in Brooklyn for his cousin's crime ring. Through a twist of fate, he's now in Chicago, working undercover to bust criminals. But when a cute little arsonist joins the team—all combat boots, tiny jean shorts, and hot-pink hair—Connor’s notorious iron control slips.

Erin "she's getting away" O'Dea knows two things. She hates authority. And… Nope, that's it. When she's forced to operate on the “right” side of the law, her fear of being confined and controlled blazes to the surface. The last thing she expects is a control freak like Connor to soothe her when she needs it most. Worse, something behind the sexy ex-soldier's eyes ignites a dangerous inferno of desire. One that invites Erin to play with fire. And one that could get them both killed


Review
Hot danm, there was smoke alright, probably coming out of my ears hahah. This book was steaming HOT!.  I never read anything about this author. I bought this book at Apollycon because she was an attending author there. I don't regret it one bit! Only sad this is that I didn't read it before hand so I could tell the author that in person.

What is this book about. 
Well this book is about a group of misfits basically. They don't follow the law well. Their only option was going to jail (again) or becoming part of a special police lead group.
In this group alpha ex navy seal with a soft heart Connor meets broken feisty sassy fire starting Erin. Erin didn't have a easy past and she has major issues. But her issues seem to be less terrifying when she's around Connor. But can she live with his need to touch her, with his alpha male ways?  And can he be with a girl that can't stand to be touched, that has a massive wall around her heart? Well you have to read this book to find out?
And if you thing this is only about steaming chemistry, love etc no it's also a nice mysterie/police book. They do solve a crime ;)

What did I like about this book
Well as I said the chemistry between Connor and Erin was of the charts, so ofcourse I like that. I liked that they actually solved a crime, so it wasn't just insta love/lost etc.
I liked learning more about the characters and figuring them out.
Overall I really enjoyed reading this book! I've order the other books in this series as well.

Oh when I finished this book I found out that this was book two in this series. It didn't bother me at all and I had no trouble reading it. But now I will order book 1, 3 and in the future book 4. I like to learn more about this group!


No comments:

Post a Comment