Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review "The fire between High and Lo by Brittainy C. Cherry"

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

Logan Francis Silverstone was the complete opposite of me. I danced while he stood still. He was quiet, and I was always running my mouth. He struggled to find a smile while I refused to frown. 

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn’t look away.

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows.

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision—a decision that changed us forever.

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too


Review

While I absolutely loved the air he breathes ,this book didn't do much for me. I didn't feel that much of a connection with the characters. I feel like it lacked the depth and emotion I felt while reading the air he breathes. That doesn't mean this isn't a good story, that it isn't touching because it is. It's all about confronting your demons and not only conquer them but rise above. That after you feel like you're demons burned you down you rise from the ashes like a phoenix. So as you may guess I really like the message this story has.

No comments:

Post a Comment