Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review "Hearts of fire by L.H. Cosway"

The Circus Spektakulär is proud to present Jack McCabe: Fire-breather, knife-thrower, risk-taker. 

My house burned down when I was just a boy, robbing me of both my parents.

Now I breathe fire, eat the poison that almost killed me.

Crowds come to see me night after night. Men for the spectacle, women for the thrill. I’m an oddity to be stared at and desired. With each flame I spit, I risk my life.

I wear scars on my body that will never go away, but the scars inside my head are far more difficult to overlook.

My brother doesn’t know me, and if I have it my way he never will.

Life was going exactly the way I’d planned until Lille came along. She wanted to run away with the circus, have an adventure, but this world was never meant for her.

I try to keep her safe, because she doesn’t know the dangers that are out here on the road. She doesn’t know the monsters that lurk behind the bright lights of the ring. In truth, I could be considered one of them.

We were fashioned from different cloths, never intended to mix. So I watch her. I try not to touch, even when her eyes invite me.

Join us in the Spiegeltent and let us give you a show. Allow my Lille to draw a picture for you in paint and sweat and skin.

The truest love is always the hardest to let in.


Review

My god It was amazing! So so good. L.H. Cosway might become, no scratch that, she's becoming one of my favorite authors ever! The way she tells her stories, with so much trill and mystery it's really captivating. This book upped the steamy sexy times by adding some very hot kinky stuff in it. L.H really knows how to create a brooding sexy as hell man and a lovable female.

What is this book about. 
This book Is about Jack and 
Lille.  If you read Six of Hearts the name should sound familiar to you, so if it does then Yes, it is who you think it is. For those of you who haven't read six of hearts and aren't planning on it (shame on you, you must read it! hah) Jack is the brother of Jay ( who is the main character in six of hearts.)  The thing is Jay lived most of his live believing that his brother Jack burned to death with his parents when he was younger. His uncle made him believe that while it was far from true. Jack was badly burned and his uncle didn't want to take care of him. He made Jack believe that Jay didn't want anything to do with him so Jack lived most of his live believing his brother abandoned him and hates him for it.  
Anyway Jack is a fire breather in the circus. He meets Lille while he was on tour in a cafe where Lille was painting children's  faces. The owner of the circus invited Lille to one of their shows. And that where it all began.
Lille lives a very controlled live. Her mother is a very strict woman who basically doesn't like Lille very much. All lille wanted to do is be free and be an artist but her mom forced her into business school. After visiting the circus and getting pulled into the ring to help with Jack's show, she talked with the owner again.  The owner, who is an amazing lady, who's name I sadly don't remember anymore, invited Lille to join the circus. She can continue painting children's  faces and help with the book keeping and in exchange she can tour with them. Even though she is a bit hesitant and Jack is really against it, she accepts anyway. For Lille this is where her story really began. 

What did I love 
I was really excited to read this book once I figured out who Jack was. I really wanted to know more about him, what happend etc. I loved learning more about him and seeing him develop over time.  I also really liked Lille, she was  a sweet girl who just wanted to be free. I really liked the two of them. I also enjoyed seeing Lille change, she really broke free of her mothers mold and changed into the strong person she wanted to be. 
I also loved seeing more of Jay in this book. Some may feel like he took attention away from Jack and his story and maybe in a way he did but to me it didn't bother me. It added to the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment