Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review "Thief of Hearts by L.H. Cosway"


* ARC received in exchange of an honest review*

Seduce the teacher.
Meet the cousin.
Make a deal.
Steal the painting.


Andrea Anderson has no clue of the thoughts churning around in the dark and dangerous ex-con’s head as he enters her classroom. In fact, she’s momentarily lost for words. Not in her entire teaching career has she had a student who looked quite like Stu Cross.

A widow at just twenty-eight, love is something Andie hasn’t considered a part of her life for a very long time. However, when lingering touches turn to whispered words and hot, searching stares, she begins to wonder if maybe she should take a leap of faith.

But Stu is in her class for a reason, and it has nothing to do with love. He’s there to burrow his way into her life and repay a debt, otherwise his family will suffer. Andie is the first person to show him true kindness since he left prison, and though he doesn’t want to mislead her, he doesn’t have another choice.

Before long, Stu can’t tell whether or not he’s acting anymore, and his feelings for Andie could throw all of his carefully crafted plans into complete and utter disarray.


Review 
I was so happy when I saw this one on my kindle early. I really enjoyed this series in the past, especially Six of Heart and Hearts of Fire. I have to say even though I really liked this book, in my opinion it doesn't come near Six of hearts and hearts of fire. That doesn't mean this book isn't good or I didn't enjoy this book because  I did. 

What is this book all about. 
This book is about Andie and Stu. Andie is a 28 year old teacher who teaches adults. She is very passionate about her job. She cares and is willing to do allot for her students. I really admire that about her. On day Stu enters her classroom as a new student. Sparks fly and stu is showing Andie attention that she hasn't felt in a long time. Stu makes her feel things even her late husband couldn't. But how honest and sincere is that affection. Is stu really in her classroom to study and get his degree or is it something else entirely..

What did I like about this book. 
I like the connection between Stu and Andie. It felt real even though we know Stu's intention from the blurb.  I like how we saw Stu changed through the story, I really liked that. I also love how Andie was so supportive and how she stood by him and believed in him. I noticed how not used to that Stu was so it warmed my heart to see him react to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment