Saturday, January 4, 2020

Review "Cinder by Marissa Meyer"

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future.

With high-stakes action and a smart, resourceful heroine, Cinder is a Cinderella retelling that is at once classic and strikingly original.


Title: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Puffin
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 404
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction,

Date Read: 03-01-2020 - 04-01-2020

Favorite Quote: “Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Review:
This is the first book I've finished this year! I started another one but I had to put it on hold. I didn't know what I wanted to read and seen many people post about this book so I've decided to give it at try. It's definitely not what I would normally read but it was a good story non the less.

What is this book about:
This book is set somewhere in the future. There have been two more world wars and cyborgs and androids are a real thing now. They are hover treated as second class citizens.
Cinder is a cyborg, she lives with her stepmother and two stepsisters. You can totally see the Cinderella vibe hanging around there. Anyhow Cinder is a gifted mechanic. One morning at work the prince of the commonwealth (new Beijing) drops off an android for her to fix. They talked a bit and Cinder expected not to see him again. That's not what happened though. A plague is spreading all over the world, taking lives left and right. Cyborgs are being drafted left and right in order to try and find a cure. Something Cinder really doesn't want to happen, however certain events don't give her much of a choice.
If that isn't bad enough, the species that live on the moon, called lunar, are closing in on earth, well their evil queen is. Cyborgs, the plague, and a inevitable war? Things sure aren't boring, that's for sure.

What did I like about this book:
I liked the retelling of the Cinderella story. It gave it a nice twist but also kept allot of the same elements. It made the story quite predictable though. There where no surprises I didn't see coming in this book.
I found the story interesting and I would definitely read the rest of the books to see how it all turns out but I didn't love it. I didn't find it an amazing story. It just isn't a 100% my thing anymore. Overall it was an enjoyable story though.

Rating:
3 1/2 I liked it Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment