Sunday, January 19, 2020

Review: "Saving Mercy by Abbie Roads"

He's found her at last
Cain Killion knows himself to be a damaged man, his only saving grace the extrasensory connection to blood that he uses to catch murderers. His latest case takes a macabre turn when he discovers a familiar and haunting symbol linking the crime to his own horrific past-and only one woman could know what it means.
Only to lose her to a nightmare
Mercy Ledger is brave, resilient, beautiful-and in terrible danger. The moment he sees Mercy, Cain knows he's the one who can save her. He also knows he's beyond redemption. But the lines between good and evil blur and the only thing clear to Cain and Mercy is that they belong together. Love is the antidote for blood-but is their bond strong enough to overcome the evil that stalks them?

Title: Saving Mercy
Series: Fatal Truth #1
Author: Abbie Roads
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 320
Genre: Romance, Suspense, Adult

Cliffhanger: [Not really but the story is left open. No sign of a sequel yet. (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [Yes (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [ Mercy is being abused in a mental facility, a killer is hunting her. (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: [ Yes. They got together really quickly. (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [No (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [No (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 18-01-2020 - 19-01-2020

Favorite Quote: “Fucking sympathy. Give him anger. Give him fear. Give him fuzzy-assed unicorns that shit glitter and gold-- just don't give him sympathy. Sympathy sucked a giant sack.”

Review:
I was really curious about this book. The summary sounded really interesting and it got good reviews.

What is this book about:
This book is about Mercy and Cain. They have a tricky connection in there past. You see Cain is the son of a serial killer and Mercy is the one he didn't kill. The Killer killed her entire family but not her.
After her families death live wasn't that great for Mercy. Especially not when she got admitted to a mental hospital. There is a doctor working there that is obsessed with her and is intent on making things as hard as possible for her.
Cain can't escape his fathers legacy, people recognize him and fear him. He has done everything he can to make up for his childhood and his father. He works as a consultant for the FBI. He has the ability to see the crime through a killers eyes when he gets in contact with the victims blood.
When recent crime scenes have to many similarities to Cain's fathers crimes he has to find the one person that can give him the details he needs to solve the case.

What did I like/love:
I liked the concept, it was very intriguing. I liked that it wasn't obvious from the start who the killer was. I did suspect someone earlier that Cain and the others did, but there was more than meets the eye to it. So yes I did figure out the twists early but it didn't bother me or took away from the story for me.
I liked seeing Cain grow, I really felt for him. He thought so badly about himself and it broke my heart to see it.
Overall I did enjoy the story it just didn't blow my mind. I expected more.

What did I dislike/hate:
The romance between Cain and Mercy went really fast. I didn't like that aspect. It didn't really feel the connection between them. I got part of it but not all of it if that makes sense.
Some of the story went a bit odd for me. There wasn't much explanation about the paranormal aspect of the story and the abilities the characters had. I didn't know whether it was a secret or if everyone knew.

Rating:
3 it was oke stars

No comments:

Post a Comment