Thursday, January 9, 2020

Review "P.S. I Hate you by Winter Renshaw"

Dear Isaiah,

Eight months ago, you were just a soldier about to be deployed and I was just a waitress, sneaking you a free pancake and hoping you wouldn’t notice that my gaze was lingering a little too long.

But you did notice.

We spent one life-changing week together before you left, and we said goodbye on day eight, exchanging addresses at the last minute.

I saved every letter you wrote me, your words quickly becoming my religion.

But you went radio silent on me months ago, and then you had the audacity to walk into my diner yesterday and act like you’d never seen me in your life.

To think … I almost loved you and your beautifully complicated soul.

Almost.

Whatever your reason is—I hope it’s a good one.

Maritza the Waitress

PS – I hate you, and this time … I mean it.


Title: P.S. I Hate You
Series: P.S. #1
Author: Winter Renshaw
Publisher: Winter Renshaw
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 308
Genre: (Ex) Military, Romance, New Adult

Cliffhanger: [No (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [Yes (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [No (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [No (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: [ Bit insta lust. Not exactly insta love but Maritza fell in love very quickly (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [No (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 09-01-2020

Favorite Quote: “Clearly you never do anything wrong or have a bad fucking day in your life because if you did, you wouldn’t be so quick to write off someone’s apology.”

Review:
I've had this book on my kindle for a while but I never picked it up. While I was scrolling through my kindle to pick my next read my eyes fell on this book. I looked up the summary and decided to read it. I sadly didn't like it that much. It wasn't bad or anything, I just expected more.

What is this book about:
This book is about soldier Isaiah, and waitress Maritza. They meet one morning at the restaurant Maritza works at and it didn't go well. Isaiah was quite rude and Maritza couldn't stand him. Not seeing him again would be to soon for Maritza. However that didn't go according to her plan. When she gets in an accident causing someone to hit Isaiahs car she offers to give him a ride home. She tries to make nice but Isaiah isn't having any of it.
Isaiah feels bad for being a dick to Maritza and tries to make up for it by buying her concert tickets to a band they both like. The night doesn't go all that well but somehow they end up agreeing to spend the next eight days together. No strings attached.

What did I like/love:
I liked the concept of the story. Two people meeting and not instantly hitting it off but not being able to walk away.

What did I dislike/hate:
I didn't really connect with the story and the characters. It felt a bit flat for me. it was a bit predictable and the drama was a bit unnecessary. Maritza, while understanding she felt hurt, jumped the gun a bit quickly.

Rating:
3 it was oke stars

No comments:

Post a Comment