Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review "Crown of Lies by Pepper Winters"

* ARC received in exchange of an honest review*
“I met the boy I wanted. But then he vanished and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Noelle Charlston lived a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changed her happy existence forever. First, she met the boy who made her heart sing. Second, she met the man who made her blood quiver.

Noelle’s freedom was no longer hers. It belonged to the man her father believed was the perfect match. The man who pulled his lies over everyone he touched.
Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle lives two lives. The one everyone sees on the outside and the one no one sees on the inside. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he webs—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she’d been and turn her into something else.

Until her past collides with her present.
And it’s her turn to lie.
To everyone…including herself.
 


Review
Another great book by Pepper Winters. It felt different from the usual books Pepper Winters writes but it was still very good.
I didn't know this book was part of a duet, if I did I would have suspected that ending. So be aware of a cliffhanger! It will be so hard to wait but luckily the next one will release at the end of February.

What is this book about
This books follows a young girl while she is being groomed into a heir and leader of her fathers company. This books focuses on different times in her life. After our girl, Elle takes over her fathers company,  she is even more secured in her glass tower. Especially after what happened three years ago. You see three years ago something happened to Elle, something bad. She was saved by a dark nameless hero. Sadly she got separated from him, no matter how hard she tried to find this nameless guy, to thank him and help him after he helped her. She couldn't find him. Whether she realized it or not this boy ruined her for all others .The boy she shared an amazing first kiss with, had amazing chemistry with.
Three years after that event she meets an arrogant handsome male. She can't stand him but she also can't deny their mutual attraction. This guy promises he'll make her feel great, he made it clear that he wants her in more than one way. He told her he'd never lied to her, but goes he?

What did I like about this book.
I liked how it was build up. I should have know by the way it was build that it would be more than one book. The chemistry between Elle en Penn was of the charts. They bickered like it was nobody's business. But everybody could see how much they wanted each other. Penn even made it loud and clear.
The way this book ends makes me want to read on immediately. I want to know if what I'm suspecting to be the truth is going to be correct or not. Or if what Elle is thinking to be the truth is correct. I have a feeling that I am correct, i'm really hoping I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment