Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review "Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas"

Consumed by guilt and rage, Celaena can't bring herself to spill blood for the King of Adarlan. She must fight back...

The Immortal Queen will help her destroy the king - for a price. But as Celaena battles with her darkest memories and her heart breaks for a love that could never last, can she fulfil the bargain and head the almighty court of Terrasen? And who will stand with her?













Review
This book would have been one of my favorite's regarding Celaena's point of view, Dorian's and Chaul's point of view if it wouldn't include a new characters, manon, point of view as well.  I understand that Manon might be a important character in the new books but I didn't care for her much. She reminded me a bit of celaena in the first book, where it felt like just allot of talk to me. While Celaena proved to me that she was as good as she says she is, manon didn't in my opinion.  That being said I just loved it! I loved how Celaena grew throughout this book. How she struggled but pushed trough. 

What is this book all about
This book picks up immediately where the last one left. Chaul bargained his freedom to get Celaena out of the country, and send her unknowingly to the kingdom of her aunt. 
We see Celaena struggle with all the hurt and lost she suffered. She felt worthless, broken, and just empty. We see Dorian struggling with the knowledge that he has magic that he can't control. We see Chaul struggling with where his loyalty's lie, struggling with the knowledge what Celaena is, and what to do. 
Like I said above, there are allot of different point of views in this book. 
We also meet and get to know new characters like Aedion, Celaena's cousin and general for the king, Rowan, a fae prince and warrior, and many more. 
This book will reveal more about the king's power and  Celaena might find a way to end it all, if the king doesn't make things worse while she is away....

What did I love about this book
I really loved Celaena's point of view. I just loved how real it all felt. Ofcourse it's not fun for her to struggle with all that she has been through. But i loved that there was no magic fix, that she was 'better' withing a view pages. I loved seeing her with Rowan.  I really hope that their relationship will go the way I want it to go. I can't see Celaena with yet another man haha.
I also love how Dorian is becoming stronger and more sure of himself. 
And boy oh boy do I like Aedion. He's a very interesting character! 

No comments:

Post a Comment