Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review "Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas"

Crowned by Evil.
Bound by Duty.
Divided by Love.


Celaena Sardothien, royal assassin, is the King of Adarlan's deadliest weapon. She must win her freedom through his enemies' blood - but she cannot bear to kill for the crown. And every death Celaena fakes, every lie she tells, put those she loves at risk.

Torn between her two protectors - a captain and a prince - and battling a dark force far greater than the king, Celaena must decide what she will fight for: her liberty, her heart or the fate of a kingdom...








Review
I really loved this book! This series keeps getting better and better!  This is the first book I've read this year. Granted I started it before new years but I finished it this year. 

What is this book all about
This book Continues Celaena's story. We see how Celaena is struggling with being the King's Champion. Not only she is struggling with her feelings for Chaol and her friendship with Dorian. Then there is Nehemia who is determent to get Celaena to help her with her quest to free her people.  Talk about pressure right? 
In this book we find out more about Celeana, about her past and her heritage but also about the King's mysterious power.  
This book is full of thrill, mystery,secrets, betrayal, hurt, love and courage. 

What did I love about this book
Normally I don't like it if the female switches between love interest in a series because I get invested. Specially in Dorian, I really liked him and I'm sure he'll do great things in his live. BUT I knew that this would happen before hand so that made it easier to accept. 
I really like Celaena, She went trough so much and I can tell that she is trying her hardest. I can't understand how hard it must be for her to try while being so afraid. She has lost so much so I can understand her not wanting to suffer more. 
I still like Dorian. I applaud him for handling their breakup so well. It can't be easy to see the woman you think you love be with someone else, and that someone else being your best friend as well. I felt bad for him, kind of losing his friend and lover at the same time. Although he knew deep down how Chaul felt for her, it created a drift between Celeana, Chaul and Dorian. 
I can't wait to read more about Celeana's story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment