Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Review "Egomaniac by Vi Keeland"

The night I met Drew Jagger, he’d just broken into my new Park Avenue office. 
I dialed 9-1-1 before proceeding to attack him with my fancy new Krav Maga skills. 
He quickly restrained me, then chuckled, finding my attempted assault amusing.   
 
Of course, my intruder had to be arrogant. 
Only, turned out, he wasn’t an intruder at all.   
 
Drew was the rightful occupant of my new office.  He’d been on vacation while his posh space was renovated. 
Which was how a scammer got away with leasing me office space that wasn’t really available for rent.   
I was swindled out of ten grand. 
 
The next day, after hours at the police station, Drew took pity on me and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.  In exchange for answering his phones while his secretary was out, he’d let me stay until I found a new place. 
I probably should have acted grateful and kept my mouth shut when I overheard the advice he was spewing to his clients.  But I couldn’t help giving him a piece of my mind.  
I never expected my body to react every time we argued.  Especially when that was all we seemed to be able to do. 
 
The two of us were complete opposites. Drew was a bitter, angry, gorgeous-as-all-hell, destroyer of relationships.  And my job was to help people save their marriages.  
The only thing the two of us had in common was the space we were sharing.   
And an attraction that was getting harder to deny by the day. 


Review
I haven't read any of Vi Keeland books before, I've been meaning to but I haven't got the chance to read any. I always like the sound of the blurbs so I finally decided to give her a change. I must say I really like this book. It was started of with a bang but after that after that it was a bit slow. It too a while for the story line to develop but after it did it moved a bit faster again. I really liked how the characters developed. There was way book to the story than I first thought.

What is this book about.
This book starts of with Emerie and Drew meeting in a quite odd manor.  You see they meet when Emerie thinks Drew is breaking into her office. But the thing is, Emerie got scammed and the office she things she's renting is actually Drew's office.  Drew takes pity on her and decided to help her out. After an interesting trip to the police office and a very interesting trail, drew and Emerie get to know each other a bit better. While trying to clear up the mess Emerie is in, she and drew strike a deal. Emerie can rent an office in Drew building if she helps him out as his secretary while his own secretary is on sick leave.
Drew is a successful divorce lawyer and Emerie is a psychologist who specializes in marriage counseling. So you can imagine they have quite different views on certain things. One thing they do agree on, they might not always admit it, is their attraction to each other. 

What did I like about this book. 
I liked how the story progressed in the end. I liked that there was way more to it than you'd think. Although it felt a bit slow at certain points, I did like it. 
I liked the banter between Drew and Emerie. I loved Drews dirty dirty mouth, but most of all I loved how real and caring Drew was. I loved Emerie's spunk and the way she cares about people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment