Sunday, February 26, 2017

Review "On Dublin Street by Samantha Young"

Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.

But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.

Review
This is the first time I've read anything by Samantha Young and I must say I really liked it. It this the best story I've ever read, no but I enjoyed it allot. I liked the characters but what I loved the most is the setting. I've been to Edinburgh a couple of times and I love it there. I've been to most of the places mentioned in the book so that made it extra special for me.
Even though I got a bit impatient with the characters from time to time it didn't take away from me enjoying the book.

What is this book about. 
This book is about American Josselyn, aka Joss.  Joss has a troubled past. She lost her parents and sister at a young age. After that she locked down. She refuses to deal with any emotions and she doesn't let anyone get close to her. I can really relate to that because we're very similar in that area. Anyhow Joss moved to Edinburgh for collage but stayed after graduation. She's wanting to become a writer and works part time at a bar.
One day she meets confidant and sexy Braden. They were immediately attracted to each other. The second time they meet is one for the books. Joss just moved to a new place with a new roommate, and as it turns out said roomate has a hot brother that has a key. And as you know it, that brother decides to use said key the moment Joss walked out of her bathroom naked....  And yes, that brother is Branden.
This story focuses on Joss journey to overcome her issues and move past her parents death, it focuses on a stubborn male with issues of his own that is determent to help the ones he loves. Braden is someone who gets what he wants, and he wants Joss, every broken piece of her. Will Joss be able to let Braden in or is she so broken that not even Braden can help her put those pieces back together.

What did I like about this book
I liked that the issues that Joss has weren't resolved magically. It took time, as it does in real live. Yes I wanted to smack her in the head sometimes but then I thought I think people might want to do that to me from time to time aahah.
I liked the setting obviously and I liked that the side characters were well developed.  I liked that the side characters added to the story.
Overall I really enjoyed reading this book and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment