Monday, February 27, 2017

Review "Lick by Kylie Scott"

Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man in her room, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is certain, being married to one of the hottest rock stars on the planet is sure to be a wild ride.








Review
I expected more from this book than I've gotten. The beginning was very interesting. I like it but after that the characters became a bit to much? They were mussy and weepy, and a tad whiny at times. I think they went awfully fast from meeting to falling in love and being each other everything. It didn't feel real. 
The last bit of the book felt more real to me. Due to that I liked it more even though the characters were hurting. 
The way the story flowed didn't always made sense to me. It seemed a bit out of character, well not even that I don't know. The h was a bit naive and just unrealistic at times. and the H was similar to her in that way. It kept me from connecting with them.  
I feel like if the story was written a bit different, if the story flowed in a different way, I would have liked it more. 

You see the thing is I totally got that they got married drunk in Vegas because they had a connection. I got that after spending some time together they wanted to see if they could get a relationship and give the marriage a try. I liked that part of the story but after spending a view hours together, max a view days the h was talking about love, and the H was acting like a pussy whipped lad at times.  It felt like I missed a view chapters. 
Anyhow I did like the idea of the book, I liked the beginning and the last 1/3 of the book but the way they got to that point was just 'meh' for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment