Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Review "Confess by Colleen Hoover"

At age twenty-one, Auburn Reed has already lost everything important to her. In her fight to rebuild her shattered life, she has her goals in sight and there is no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry. 

For once, Auburn takes a chance and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is keeping a major secret from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

To save their relationship, all Owen needs to do is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin.


Title: Confess
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 320
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Date Read: 13-09-2018 - 15-09-2018

Favorite Quote: “There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know.” 

“I think love is a hard word to define,” I say to her. “You can love a lot of things about a person but still not love the whole person.”

Review:
I liked this book. I loved that the author added some of the art pieces in this book. They are so pretty, I definitely plan on buying some in the future. 
I liked that this book was about confession. I liked how the MC handled that and incorporated that in his art. 
This book had some twists I didn't saw coming, and some I did. 

What is this book about: 
This book is about Auburn and Owen. Auburn just moved to Texas. She is struggling to earn enough money. One night when she was walking home she stopped at this art gallery and saw that they where hiring. However that is not what caught her attention. It was the name of the gallery "confession" and confessions are taped on the window. The owner, Owen saw her and he hired her on the spot. Both of them hit it off. Since Owen doesn't want to date his employees he fired Auburn after one night. After that they start to spend time together. They like each other but can they make it work or will their secrets keep them from being together...

What did I like about this book: 
I liked this book. I liked that I didn't see some of the twists coming. I was honestly surprised.
There where a few moments where I felt like I missed something. Like there was a page missing or something. But it didn't bother me to much. It didn't take away from the story. 
Overall I enjoyed reading this story. 

Rating:
4 I really liked it Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment