Monday, September 17, 2018

Review "Slow Burn by K. Bromberg"

One Night. That's all it was supposed to be.

Reeling from the sudden loss of her sister, Haddie Montgomery has sworn off relationships. All she wanted from Beckett Daniels was a sexy distraction to help her escape her pain for just a little while....There weren’t supposed to be any strings attached—so why can’t she shake the memory of that unforgettable night from her thoughts? Or the taste of his kiss from her lips?

No matter how hard Haddie tries to forget about him, Becks relentlessly tries to prove that she should start living for today. But she is determined to avoid romantic commitment, and she can always use her ex-boyfriend’s reappearance to help snuff out the slow burn within her that Becks has sparked....

Or will fate force her to realize that this kind of connection doesn’t come along very often and a chance at love is worth the risk?


Title: Slow Burn (Driven #5)
Author: K. Bromberg
Publisher: Piatkus 
Edition: Paperback
Amount of Pages: 393
Genre: Adult, Romance

Date Read: 02-09-2018 - 08-09-2018

Favorite Quote “Time is precious. Waste it wisely.” 

Review:
I was super excited to read this book. I absolutly loved Becket and Haddie in the other books and I really wanted to know how their story was going to pan out. 
This book left me with so many emotions. It was many things and one that really stands out is frustrating. Haddie frustrated me so much. She seemed so different from the girl I thought I knew from the other books. It really showed me how well some people can hold up a mask. 

What is this book about:
This book follows the story of Becket and Haddie. For those of you that haven't read the driven series. Technically you can read this book without having too but I wouldn't recommend it. 
Anyhow Becket is Colton Donovan's best friend and Haddie is Rylee's best friend. Colton and Rylee are the main characters in Driven, Fueled, Raced and Aced. 
Haddie suffered a personal loss, her sister has passed a way from cancer. She is trying everything she knows how to do to survive that loss but it's not working. The one thing that could really help her is what she is to scared to accept, Becket. 
After sharing a night together, Becket wants to explore what's between them. That click he felt. He is willing to wait but for how long? 

What did I like about this book:
I loved seeing the crew again. Snippets from Colton and Rylee. I can tell that this book is technically set before Aced because Rylee and Colton just got married. 
This book is supposte to be a standalone, that you can read it without having read the other books but I suppose you can but I feel like it would work better if you read them first. I feel like it would be important to read the driven books first because Rylee and Colton don't get much of an introduction and we don't get to much back story of Haddie and Becket. We get enough but lots got left out. 
But there where also enough things that I missed in the other series that threw me off guard in this one. A mistake Kristy admitted too is that she forgot that Haddie told Rylee that she had a brother and that brother never made an appearance. In this book we get told that Haddie only had one sister and that that sister had died. 
Overall I enjoyed this book, its a very good book. It made me feel allot. It made me feel invested. 
I wished we got a bit more after that ending. A extra chapter to show how they where doing. Maybe we will in the future. 

Rating:
4 I really liked it stars

No comments:

Post a Comment