Monday, September 17, 2018

Review "The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout"

When seventeen-year-old Evie Dasher is caught up in a raid at a notorious club known as one of the few places where humans and the surviving Luxen can mingle freely, she meets Luc, an unnaturally beautiful guy she initially assumes is a Luxen...but he is in fact something much more powerful. Her growing attraction for Luc will lead her deeper and deeper into a world she'd only heard about, a world where everything she thought she knew will be turned on its head...








Advance Readers Copy 

Title: The Darkest Star (Origin #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Tor Teen
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 368
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Romance

Date Read: 08-09-2018

Favorite Quote "I don't people well"

Review:
I was really looking forward to reading this book! I love the lux series and I loved Luc so I was really excited to see him grown up.

What is this book about:
This book is set 4 years after Opposition. The world knows aliens walk among them and they aren't taking it well. People are scared, and some are just giant assholes. 
Anyhow, this series focuses on Luc and Evie. For those of you that read the lux series, you know what Luc is, you know what he can do. For those of you that haven't read the lux series, please do so now. 
Evie is a 17 year old high school student. Her mother is Silvia Dasher, we met her in the Lux series, and she works for the government. 
One night Evie decides to go to a illegal night club with her friend. The night club is known for allowing anyone in, including aliens. Evie's live is going to change after this night and she doesn't even know how much. Ever meeting Luc in the night club she hoped to leave that dreadful night behind her but Luc has other plans. 
Things post invasion aren't all about roses. People are getting killed and it all points into the Luxen being the ones who are doing it. People are protesting, wanting the luxen to be round up and be send to special camps and neighborhoods, since that worked oh so wel in history. 
The killer is targeting people in Evie's school and it seems whomever is doing this has noticed Evie as well. 

What did I like about this book:
I loved seeing Luc again. I really liked him in the Lux series. I absolutely loved seeing Daemon and Archer again.
I am just absolutely excited to be back in the lux world. 
Jennifer has some really clever plot twists hiding in this book. Some I saw coming and some completely slapped me into my face. 
I cannot wait to read the next book! I really want to see where this is going!

Rating:
5 Amazing Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment