Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Review: "Built by Jay Crownover"

Sometimes you have to tear everything down to build something new…

Sayer Cole is frozen inside. At least, that’s what it’s felt like for as long as she can remember. She’s yet to let anyone past her icy exterior – and the one guy she thinks might melt her heart couldn’t possibly be interested in someone so uptight.

Rough, hard and hot-as-hell, Zeb Fuller has rebuilt his life and his construction business since protecting his family sent him to jail all those years ago. His elegant client, Sayer, makes him feel like a Neanderthal in denim, but despite the many hints that he’s been dropping to get to know her better, she seems oblivious to his charms.

Just as things finally start to heat up, Zeb’s past comes back to haunt him and he needs Sayer’s professional help to right a wrong and to save more than himself. As these opposites dig in for the fight of their lives, fire and ice collide in an unstoppable explosion of steam
 



Title: Built
Series: Saints of Denver #1
Author: Jay Crownover
Publisher: Harper Collins
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 353
Genre: New Adult, Romance

Cliffhanger: [No (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [ HEA (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [ NO (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [ Yes. Zeb finds out he has as son in the beginning of the book. (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 18-02-2020 - 19-02-2020

Favorite Quote: “After everything the past has tried to bury us under, we owe it to ourselves to be brave, to do more than float.”

Review:
I bought this book on a whim. I originally planned on reading another book from Jay for Apollycon but my eyes fell on this one and I decided to read this book instead. I am glad I did. I really liked it. When I started reading this book I was sure I would give it 5 stars and that I would buy it to get signed. Sadly something happened that took that feeling away from me. Nothing bad! Nothing like that, just something I personally don't like that much. If you want to know what then have a look at the spoiler section above.
Other than that, I still really enjoyed this book. Zeb is a great guy, he is loyal, strong, and quite charming. I liked Sayer as well. I could relate to her and what she struggled with.

What is this book about:
Sayer is the sister of Rowdy, who is from the Marked Man series. She is a lawyer and when she found out she had a brother she dropped everything and moved to be closer to him. She meets Zeb, a friend of Rowdy's, who has his own reconstruction company. Zeb works really well with his hands (pun intended), he buys and restores houses. Sayer hired him to restore her house. Ever since meeting him Sayer couldn't help but think about the big and hot guy. But she knows it could never work between them. That doesn't stop Zeb from pursuing her anyway. Zeb want more than just her though, he got himself in a situation and needs Sayer's expertise to help him.

What did I like/love:
I love Zeb. He is such a great guy. Yes he has been through allot in his past but he has done his best to move past that. I could totally relate to what he did and why. Anyhow, he was really charming and very patient. Instead of going after Sayer relentlessly he gave he the time she needed and made her come after him if she wanted him. I really liked that. Zeb deserved to be chosen. And it really shows that you can't force people to get better or see them the way you see them. You can support them and be there for them but at some point they have to do it themselves.
I really liked the other characters in the books as well. Makes me want to continue the Marked Men series. I started it but haven't read past book one yet, don't hate me.
I'm also curious about Poppy's story. She deserves a happy ending.

What did I dislike/hate:
/

Rating:
4.5 I loved it Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment