Monday, February 17, 2020

Review "Until I fall by Claudia Burgoa"

Aspen
I gave my heart to a Navy SEAL.
He took it with him to his grave.
Eleven years later, ignoring the yawning void is as automatic as breathing. Working brutal hours, dating a comfortably commitment-phobic guy, hanging with my best friends. Anything until exhaustion—or an extra glass of wine—claims my consciousness.

My neighbor’s handsome, enigmatic son invades my comfort zone.
He says he’s a tattoo artist. But Anderson Hawkins’ piercing green eyes, mastery of the short answer, weird schedule, and military ink tell a different story.
His touch ignites a long-dead flame inside me. A flame I’m afraid to examine too closely, even as I’m drawn to its heat.

Anderson

I retired from Delta Force
Now I work at a high-intelligence security agency
But working undercover isn’t the adrenaline rush it used to be.
For one thing, my Mom’s illness shifted my priorities to finding a way to save her. For another, her neighbor next door, whose prickly defenses belie the unflinchingly caring heart underneath, has slipped under my skin. Now my mission is to convince her it’s safe to unlock her heart. Because I’m ready to give her mine.


Title: Until I Fall
Series:
Author: Claudia Y. Burgoa
Publisher: Unknown
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 278
Genre: Military, Romance

Cliffhanger: [ No (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [ HEA (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: No (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [ No (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 16-02-2020 - 17-02-2020

Favorite Quote: "Among seven billion I’ll always find you."

Review:
I had high expectation for this book. I really looked forward to reading this one. The synopsis sounded really good and it sounded like it could be my kind of read. Sadly it disappointing me. The story didn't drag me in, I couldn't connect with the characters. For me it was the writing style that didn't work for me. It felt like I was working my way through a 500 page novel while it's only 278 pages. Nothing really happend and it felt like the story didn't come across well on paper. Some things just didn't work well and the story just didn't flow that well. I hope that makes sense.

What is this book about:
Aspen lost her fiance and since then she closed her self of from most things in her live. She is all about work, sleep, drink and repeat. She is still alive but she isn't living. That is until she met her neighbors son Anderson, he brought something back to live in her she buried long ago. She doesn't want to start feeling again, she doesn't want to let someone in only to lose them. But Anderson isn't one to easily give up.

What did I like/love:
Can't think of anything I really liked or loved. It was all quite bland for me. I really wanted to love it but the story fell flat.

What did I dislike/hate:
Sadly I didn't like the writing style. It felt like the author kept adding details later on as an after thought. And it just didn't work. The story could have been allot shorter and it didn't have that many pages to begin with. It felt like the book was like 500 pages but it wasn't. Nothing really happend. The story dragged allot. I'm sorry to say that the book didn't meet my expectations. I was expecting a different kind of story I suppose.

Rating:
2 it was boring stars

No comments:

Post a Comment