Friday, February 7, 2020

Review: "The Player by Claire Contreras"

I'm naturally gifted on the field and between the sheets. With flashy cars and enough media attention to put the Royal Family to shame, I’m the definition of Most Eligible Bachelor.

Every man wants to be me and every woman wants to tame me. Until Camila.

The moment I lay eyes on her, I know I have to have her.

She wants to keep me at arm's length.
I want her naked in my bed.

She thinks our worlds are too different.
All I want her to think about is screaming my name.

She says I’m bad news.

I have three weeks to prove her wrong.


Title: The Player
Series:
Author: Claire Contreras
Publisher:
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 320
Genre: Sports, Romance

Cliffhanger: [No (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [HEA (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [No (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [No (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [ No (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 07-02-2020

Favorite Quote: “Life is short. We’re only here to chase moments. I’d rather make those moments worthwhile.”

Review:
If I had to pick one word to describe this book, it sadly would be boring. Everything was just meh for me. Nothing really stood out. The characters conversations felt very monotone. It didn't evoke any emotion. Everything was so..descriptive, if that makes sense.
I think this book could have been a hell of allot shorter and still get the point across.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that it was a bad book or a bad story. It just didn't do anything for me.

What is this book about:
When football (soccer ) player Warren meets Camilla he knows instantly he wants her. He is so used to woman wanting him, he didn't expect Camilla to turn him down. That only made him want her more. Warren is only in the US for a short period of time and he is determined to have her.
Camilla is sure that Warren only wants her because she said no. She is sure that they have nothing in common and that they would never work. But the more he tries, the more time they spend together, the more she finds herself falling for him. Will Warren prove Camilla wrong or will their story end with a broken heart

What did I like/love:
Sadly nothing really. Nothing really stood out for me to love.

What did I dislike/hate:
Didn't hate or dislike anything either

Rating:
2 meh stars

No comments:

Post a Comment