Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Review "Claimed by Elle Kennedy"

After a devastating war decimated most of the world, Hudson Lane has only known the oppressive life under her own father’s tyranny. She finally escapes, branding herself an outlaw and hunted by the Enforcers. Her best chance at survival is Connor Mackenzie, an aggressively sensual fugitive who opens her eyes to the wicked possibilities of a world without rules.

As the leader of a band of outlaw fighters, Connor can’t resist the beautiful stranger who asks for his protection. Despite his reservations, he agrees to introduce her to a whole new way of life. But when Connor discovers Hudson’s connection to the enemies of liberty, he wonders how far he can trust the woman who has abandoned all inhibitions to challenge every forbidden desire.
 



Title: Claimed
Series: Outlaws #1
Author: Elle Kennedy
Publisher: Signet
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 370
Genre: Dystopia, New Adult, Romance.

Cliffhanger: [ No (hide spoiler)]
HEA/HFN: [ HFN (hide spoiler)]
Cheating: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Triggerwarnings: [ No (hide spoiler)]
Love Triangle: [No (hide spoiler)]
Insta Love/ Insta Lust: [ Insta lust (hide spoiler)]
Single Parent/Kids/Pregnancy: [ No (hide spoiler)]

Date Read: 05-02-2020

Favorite Quote: “Freedom was a drug, one that grabbed hold of you the second it entered your bloodstream. It made you giddy and reckless if you didn’t know how to channel it.”

Review:
I was really excited about this book. I'm a bit in a dystopia/apocalypse kind of mood so I wanted to read this book. That and I know if it's an Elle Kennedy book then there will be some really hot scene. And I'm not afraid to say that I looked forward to that as well.

What is this book about:
The world has had terrible wars and one finally took it's toll. As a result the survives decided to create new rules for society. Everyone is one and the same. If you get sick, you are screwed. Natural selection all the way. The rulers decide who gets to reproduce and who doesn't. Fear is the way to rule and for some it works. For others not so much.
Being an outlaw in todays world is dangerous but it's a price many are willing to pay for freedom.
Hudson knows that all to well. After her father died she found out that he arranged for her to marry a psychopath. So at the first opportunity she ran. When trying to find a save place to stay and hide out she meets Connor. She is immediately taken by him but he is a hard man to crack. He reluctantly, after being guilt tripped by his friends, allows her to stay but only for one night. It now became Hudson's mission to make sure that invitation gets expanded to permanent.

What did I like/love:
Oke I have to say this but I loved the sex scenes haha. There where a few really hot ones, and also a few very hot oral scenes. They where really hot.
I also liked the concept of the story but I would have liked a little more background. Like we know what happened but I would have liked some more info. It not really necessary but it would have been nice.
The story was left open and I really hope that it will be picked up in the next books.

Not only did I liked the main characters, I really love the side characters as well. Especially Rylan. Loved that guy. I hope all of them got books of their own.

Overall I enjoyed this book. It wasn't my favorite by Elle Kennedy but I still enjoyed it.

What did I dislike/hate:
/

Rating:
4 i enjoyed it stars

No comments:

Post a Comment