Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bad for you By Abbi Glines

 Innocence was never meant for the addictive… 
Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7)
Addiction was something Krit Corbin accepted as part of his nature a long time ago. He decided to embrace it and flip his finger at the rules. Women had always been the number one thing on his list of addictions. He couldn’t get enough. Being the lead singer in a rock band had only made access to his favorite addiction that much easier.Being alone was the only thing Blythe Denton understood. The small town minister’s family that raised her hadn’t accepted her as their own. The minister’s wife had always made sure Blythe understood just how unworthy she was of love. When Blythe is sent away to college and given a chance to finally be free of living as an unwanted burden, she looks forward to having peace in her life. Being alone isn’t something that bothers her. She escapes reality in the stories she writes.However, the ridiculously sexy tattooed guy who keeps throwing parties in the apartment above hers is driving her crazy. For starters, he doesn’t treat her like she would expect a guy with a different woman always hanging on his arm to treat someone as uninteresting as her. She looks nothing like the gorgeous women she sees parading in and out of his apartment, but for some strange reason he keeps showing up at her door.During a party at his apartment, Krit’s new neighbor comes to the door with her long brown hair pulled up in a messy knot and a pair of glasses perched on her cute little nose. She wants him to turn down the music, but he convinces her to stay.



Review.

I'm not a big fan of the Seebreeze series. I like the rosemary beach serries much more. I only liked preston and Cage so for. The last few books were ok. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it either. So I was a little hesitant to reed it. But i'm glad I finally did. I Loved it.  I didn't feel much for krit in the previous book. I also didn't envision him, the way he was described in this book. I must say I like this version better that what I envisioned hahah. We totally got to see a whole other side to him.  A side where he is just a broken man that  can care a lot about someone. I really liked the way the relationship between Blythe and Kritt started. It was an nice development. It didn't start like a firecracker but it developed slowly. I liked how Kritt was trying to be a good friend for blythe. She really needed one. As for Blythe, I really feel for her. She had to deal with a lot off mental abuse. She was told for years and years that she was nothing, ugly, evil and she felt like nobody wanted her. It really hurt me to see her feel so little about herself and the way she thinks that everything is her fault. Maybe it hurt me because I saw pieces of myself in her.  I thought it was really great ability, that she can see the best in everybody and the way she lit up when people were nice to her. She deserves to be loved. She is a really selfless, insecure person.  She is a kind of person that you just want to take care off. Yes this story was a bit of the same old same old, handsome male aflpha and a shy bit broken female that the male just has to take care of. And of course the girl is the prettiest girl he has ever seen and everybody loves her and thinks she's beautiful but it didn't bother me. I liked this story. I would have like to get to know kritt's history a bit more. All I know is that he had a crappy childhood and that nobody was there for him but I would like to know more. What happened, what made him, him. 


5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment