Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nearly Mended by Devon Ashley

Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)Megan Whitaker desperately wants to forget what the Malone brothers have done to her over the past two years – the haunting images and sensations still plaguing her thoughts and dreams – but she can’t. Charles may be dead, but Zander isn’t. I’ll bring you back to me. She wants to believe she’s safe with Nick in their secluded new home, but it doesn’t keep her from looking over her shoulder, jumping over unexpected sounds, carrying a concealed weapon or even preparing for the worst. Because she fears the time is near.

Nick Ellis has seen a change in his long, lost love. Battered emotionally and physically, Megan spends her days at self-defense classes and researching things that’ll never allow her to let go of the past. And he feels guilty even wanting her to, because he knows that heathen will return, it’s only a matter of time. And when he does, Nick knows he will do everything possible to save her, even if it means taking another shot to the heart.

But for Megan, there is no escaping the world of sex trafficking, nor the band of men who continually aid one another to keep it thriving. And as her nightmarish world encroaches on reality, Megan soon realizes there are far worse evils to fear than the sadistic man who haunts her dreams.


REVIEW











That sums my feelings up just fine I think. It was an emotional rollercoster thats for sure. I thought Zander couldn't get any more fucked up but I was wrong. Boy I was so wrong. I thought I knew his limits but the guy just doesn't have any limits. Like omg, I just don't know what to say about that fucker. I just hate him and everything about him. I hate what he did to megan, what he did to her, what he exposed her to, what he keeps doing to her, I hate what he did to Nick, what he made him do, what he has done to him. I really just hate the guy so much. 
And omg I have so much respect for megan. At some point I really feared for her mental well being. I was like omg this is starting to look like stockholm syndrome. I mean she could have fooled me if she kept it up any longer. I don't know if I could do what she did. To be ably to distance  yourself from yourself and let him do that. And let him keep doing it. And pretending to like it even tho your body can't help but like it but your brain hates it. But at some point your not sure anymore. I would have, I don't know probably be like this 
 I really love megan. She is just so strong and so amazing. Being able to go threw the stuff she went threw and being able to still feel like a person and being able to get stronger by that experience. And best of all still love nick and  open your heart to someone is just remarkable. 

And nick, He is amazing. He loves megan so  so so much and he is willing to do anything for her.  The things he did do for her, because of her.  That's just wow. The things he was put threw and be able to still love megan and live after that it just amazing. 

Some parts in this book where really disturbing and cringe worthy. I mean that guy Zander is disturbing and has major psychological problems but Friggs it just sick, a sick sick sick son of a bitch. What kind of doctor does that. No that kind of a human being does that. I hope he and Zander end up in prison and I hope they get raped every day for the rest of there miserable lives 

That ending, omg that ending. When I finally hoped it was over for nick and megan something happened. Oke it did not happened directly to them but it might as well has been. I don't thing Megan has seen the last of friggs or zander. I really hope she doesn't have to suffer anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment