Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nearly Broken By Devon Ashley

Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1) We’d both gone missing at one point, but Claire had one thing I didn’t. Someone to notice. So why was I the one still here and she the one still gone? 

Nineteen year old Megan Smith has spent the past year working in a small town diner in the middle of nowhere. Life is quiet, simple, safe. Then comes the news that her look-a-like has gone missing. 

Claire.

Still damaged both physically and mentally, Megan's not looking to be noticed. Wherever she goes from here, it's a road she needs to take alone. But when Nickolas Ellis takes the job as the new nightshift cook, it scares her how easily her defenses crumble down, down, down for him. But there are secrets she can't bear to share with just anyone, unspeakable acts that continue to haunt, and when the similarities of Claire’s abduction couples with the fear of an unwanted visitor in town, the urge to run before it all happens again intensifies, threatening the only happiness Megan's ever found.



Review

wow this  book leaves my mind nearly broken. By readin the summary I wouldn't have thought this was going to happen. I thought this would be one of these simple love storys where a girl meets a boy and after dening the attraction  between them she caves in. And then something wil happen and they break up but work it out and they get back togheter and be happy.
But no thats not whats happening here. This is a story about a girl that was kidnapped, brainwashed, raped, torured metaly and had to burn herself out to get away. Littely she burned herself out of the house nearly melting her skin off. One of her captueres died that night but there is another one. Since then  she is on the run. Always keeping her head down and staying under the radar. She works in  a little restaurant and there she meets the handsome night cook and she starts to let him in her broken heart. I really felt her pain when she told nick about her past and told him in a wisper "I'm broken". 
But this boy (nick) nows a secret about her past. It turns out he is her boyfriend, and the girl that left a poster for her missing sister, is actually her. It turns out that her caputers brainwashed her so bad that she can't remember anything anymore before she got captured. When things finally seems to get more normal again and she feels like she can heal and breath again. She gets captured again by the the brother of her first capture. While the first capture keeps her drugged while he rapes her, this one does not. He plays mental games with her, and she has to be willing
to have seks with him because if she don't he will hurt the other girl that he keeps and let her watch or make her do it. And when she still doesn't cave in, he threatens to sell her to people even worse than him. Not willing to be sold, she caves in at the last minute.  After three days she get rescued, before her taker escapes,he says to her "I wil bring you home again".
Seconds before he kidnapped her, he shot her boyfriend nick. 
After being returned home she and nick try to get their relationship to back to where it was. 

This was a very emotional story about megan (clair)and  nick .
I was very toched about the love nick has for her and how much he has done for and how much he is willing to do for her.
This is one of the few times when I didn't swoon over the main male character but just wanted him to be there for her. Oke I have to be honest he did have me swoon over him in the beginning but after I learned megans secret I kinda focesed on her. And that doens't happen to me often.
I still feel a little bit shocked about her secret. Shocked by the knowlage that this happens to many women in real live.
I realy hope there is a second book because I just want to know if she wil be oke and that she and nick will work it out. I just want to read more about there story and I hate that I am without internet right now so I cant look it up or beg for it.
This is definitly a story that lives in my mind now and I think that this story wil stay with me. And not to many sorys do. 
I cant stop thinking about it,I really love megan and I want an nick for myself. I really really really want them to be happy and I want her to be save and I really really hope that her second capture zander dies a painfully dead. 
6 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment