Monday, October 5, 2015

Review "When I'm Gone by Abbi Glines (Rosemary Beach #11)"

I had an urge to fix all her problems. Which was stupid. She was doing fine without me. But something about those big eyes…

Mase Colt-Manning has always preferred his humble life as a Texas rancher to his birthright as the son of a legendary rock star. In fact, he rarely visits his father’s rarefied world in Rosemary Beach, especially if it means bunking at his vile half-sister Nan’s house—until one visit leads to a chance encounter with a young, gorgeous house maid who awakens him with her off-key but spirited imitation of a country music star…

Reese Ellis finally has her freedom. After escaping a lifetime of abuse from her parents and classmates for an undiagnosed learning disorder, she seizes the opportunity to be a house maid to some of the richest families in Rosemary Beach. But her job is in jeopardy when she causes an accident at the home of her most important client, Nan Dillon. When a hot, half-naked stranger with a cowboy’s swagger comes to her rescue, she’s intrigued—then afraid once he shows his own interest. Reese has never met a trustworthy man in her life. Will Mase be any different?

Review
I just love this book. I love Reese. I really have a thing for the " broken" characters with a horrible past. I don't know why I do but I just do haha. And Mase, my god couldn't a man get more perfect. He and Reese are perfect for each other. I do think that their relationship was going very fast, from meeting till saying I love you. But that's a thing in all of Abbi books.

What is this book about
This book focuses on Mase, Harlows brother, and a new character Reese. Reese had a horrible past. Her mother hated her and her stepfather liked he a bit to much at times. She felt worthless, dumb, stupid and just horrible. It turns out that Reese has dyslexia so it's not like she's stupid at all. From the minute Mase met Reese he knew she was something special. It helped that she was hut ass hell. She is a curvy, big ass, long legs,  beautiful long haired female. And she is just so kind and sweet. She even tried to do the good thing with an incident with Nan, who ofcourse was still a bitch. 
Mase always fought the battles for the ones he loves, so he's going what ever it takes to help Reese with her dyslexia and overcome her past. He did such amazing things for her, for a person he really didn't know. 

What did I love about this book.
I just loved Reese and seeing her get more comfortable.I really want to know more about her past and watch her overcome it all and become the amazing person she is. She just doesn't feel like it.
And I love Mase, who doesn't like a fit cowboy. And he is so kind and patient with Reese. It's hard not to fall in love with him.
I really liked this story. I haven't loved the last view books as much as this one so I'm really happy with that. It felt like this series got the same feeling back like I felt reading the first two books. 

I can't wait to read more about their story!

No comments:

Post a Comment