Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Review "Last Hit by Jessica Clare and Jen Frederick (Hitman #1)"


Nikolai 

I have been a contract killer since I was a boy. For years I savored the fear caused by my name, the trembling at the sight of my tattoos. The stars on my knees, the marks on my fingers, the dagger in my neck, all bespoke of danger. If you saw my eyes, it was the last vision you’d have. I have ever been the hunter, never the prey. With her, I am the mark and I am ready to lie down and let her capture me. Opening my small scarred heart to her brings out my enemies. I will carry out one last hit, but if they hurt her, I will bring the world down around their ears.

Daisy 

I've been sheltered from the outside world all my life. Home-schooled and farm-raised, I’m so naive that my best friend calls me Pollyanna. I like to believe the best in people. Nikolai is part of this new life, and he’s terrifying to me. Not because his eyes are cold or my friend warns me away from him, but because he’s the only man that has ever seen the real me beneath the awkwardness. With him, my heart is at risk... and also, my life

Review
I really liked this book. It was a story about two people who were created by circumstances from their past. One was molded into a killer while the other was secluded from the world.

What is this book about.
This book is about Nicholas (Nick) and Daisy. Nick is an Ukrainian Hitman. He was part of a Russian Bravta but was kicked out when he was 15. Since than he was on his own. While on a assignment he sees Daisy. He is intrigued by her innocence and purity. 
Daisy had a very very sheltered live. Ever since her mother got killed, her father is to afraid to leave the house. For Daisy that meant that she could barley leave the house, couldn't read the books she wanted, couldn't go to school, couldn't  use the internet or watch tv. After 21 years of living like that, daisy decides that she had enough. She leaves home to have a brand new start. She moves in with this Girl Reagan, and tries to make the best of it. 
When she meets nick she is intrigued by the handsome mystery man. She is between wanting this man and feeling like something is off. She knows she shouldn't trust a man she just met, let him buy her stuff but she can´t help herself. She wants to be different than the timmed scared girl she was and be brave. 

What did I like about this book
Well I have a weakness for `broken´characters. I couldn't help but feel for Nick and his past. Same goes for Daisy. I liked how they helped each other. I liked how awkward they both were and how they were both trying so hard with each other. 
Why like and not love? Well I'm not that a big of a fan of insta love, the kind where on the fist page you hear things like ' I need to talk to her, I'm not worthy of her, I'm so blessed that she talked to me, etc. Also I could tell that this book was written by two people. Especially in the beginning. To much stuff was getting repeated but in the end it did help me remember what was going on. 
So over all I really enjoyed this book. I wanted to find out what was going on and read on. It was a easy read and I want to read the other books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment