Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Review "Raw by Belle Aurora"

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.

I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.
 


Review
This book, omg this book killed me. That's it i'm dead. That ending omg, it gave me a freaking heart attack! Seriously, I felt my heart drop and panick bubling. I never in my life saw that ending coming. And then another plot twist on the last page. I had to read that last chapter twice!  My brain really needed time to take that piece of information in. 
I mean why, why would you do that to me! I just don't understand!!!! Whyy god damnit! Why isn't the second book abvailable, I need anwsers! These characters better be in it! Twitch (the main character) has some explaining to do!!! Why five years damnit!! move faster and make it right! My heart and head need fixing after this. I'm having a massive book hangover right now! aahhhhh! I just need to know, I want my kind of HEA not the kind of mabye HEA we got. People be warned, this book needed a warning banner saying " be warned, this book will rip your heart out" 

What is this book about 
Well this book is about Alexa aka Lexi. She works as a caseworker in Australia. Lexi didn't have a easy past but she made something of herself.  Lexi is being stalked but instead of being scared she feels safe. On night she gets attacked and almost raped. Her stalker saved her. After that she begin depheloping a kind of relationship with her stalker. Her stalker is named Twitch, atleast that what he calls himself. Twitch also had a very very rough past. He tried to make something of himself and he did. He is a self made millionaire but he didn't obtain all his money the legit way. Twitch has lots of secrets and many many problems. 
Eventhough Lexi knows that Twitch might be very bad for her, she can't help wanting him. She feels a deep connection between them and she can't ignore. As they grow closer and closer, more secrets are revealed. Secrets that may cost Lexi and Twitch everything. 

What did I love about this book
Well I liked that this is a bit of a controversial story. Like the characters say, Twitch isn't a hero but the villan in this story. And in some ways I agree with him but I do feel like he became the product of his past. He doesn't know anybeter. Not that that excuses his behavior but it creates more understanding. We find out more and more troughout the story, and I liked that. It kept you guessing for more. 
I did feel like I was missing some things in the story. I often felt like " hu, how does she know that'  or " What happend, when whas that revealed,should I have read that somewere". Maybe it's thre writing style of the author or my habbit of reading to fast, skipping things, when I'm desperate to read more about the story.  I didn't bother me that much but I thought it was odd sometimes. 
I also got confused sometimes by Twitch behavior. He could run hot and cold in seconds and the next page, again I felt like it missed something. 
Overall I loved the story, it really kept you reading. And like I said before, that ending. It's not fair to do that to your readers!! So people be warned 

No comments:

Post a Comment