Saturday, February 9, 2019

Review "Corrupt by Penelope Douglas"

Erika
I was told that dreams were our heart's desires. My nightmares, however, became my obsession.

His name is Michael Crist.

My boyfriend's older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He's handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college's basketball team and now gone pro, he's more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me.

But I noticed him.

I saw him. I heard him. The things that he did, and the deeds that he hid... For years, I bit my nails, unable to look away.

Now, I've graduated high school and moved on to college, but I haven't stopped watching Michael. He's bad, and the dirt I've seen isn't content to stay in my head anymore.

Because he's finally noticed me.

Michael
Her name is Erika Fane, but everyone calls her Rika.

My brother's girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven't had her body, I know that I have her mind. That's all I really want anyway.

Until my brother leaves for the military, and I find Rika alone at college.

In my city.

Unprotected.

The opportunity is too good to be true, as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they're out.

We've waited. We've been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true.


Title: Corrupt (Devil's Night #1)
Author: Penelope Douglas 
Publisher: Penelope Douglas LLC
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 461
Genre: New Adult, Dark, Romance

Date Read: 1st 3-04-2016 2nd 06-02-2019 - 07-02-2019

Favorite Quote: "Own who you are and don't apologize. Own it or it will own you"

Review:
This book is so good! It really pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable. I can't believe the shit they got away with. They went to far a couple of ties. Way to far for a simple mistake that could have been resolved easily. 
They, Will, Damon, Kai and Micheal, kept pushing ant pushing. It even made me feel uncomfortable, my heart kept pounding and I had trouble sitting still and focus on the story. 
It provokes such strong emotions. 

What is this book about
This book is about Erika, or Rika as she likes to be called. She is a rich girl, she has lived in a sheltered neighborhood her entire live. The only thing that wasn't save was her neighbors son, Micheal. Rika always noticed Micheal when he walked into a room, she couldn't help it. She has wanted him since forever but her never wanted or noticed her. Or so she thought. 
One night, also known as devils night, it seemed that Micheal finally noticed her. He invited her along with his friends, Will, Kai and Damon, to pull some pranks on Halloween. They are known as the Horseman. They get away with almost everything. Nobody touches them. Until that night, when something went wrong. 
Rika hasn't heard or barely seen the horsemen since then but now they are back. They are hellbent on revenge, on messing with her but why....

What did I like about this book:
I liked the thrill, and emotion this book provokes. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. Even though I read the book before, it didn't feel like it. I had trouble remembering and therefor predicting what was going to happen next 
Some of the sex scenes where seriously hot. Who knew Rika had that in her and liked it so dirty. 

Overall it was a great thrill of a read and I can't wait to read Kai's story next.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment