Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review "We Shouldn't by Vi Keeland"

I was late for the first day at my new job—a job I’d now have to compete for even though I’d already worked eight years to earn it, because of an unexpected merger. 
While I lugged my belongings up to my new office, a meter maid wrote me a parking summons.
She’d ticketed a long line of cars—except for the Audi parked in front of me, which happened to be the same make and model as mine.
Annoyed, I decided to regift my ticket to the car that had evaded a fine. Chances were, the owner would pay it and be none the wiser.
Except, I accidentally broke the windshield wiper while slipping the ticket onto the car’s window.
Seriously, my day couldn’t get any worse.
Things started to perk up when I ran into a gorgeous man in the elevator. We had one of those brief moments that only happened in movies.
You know the deal…your body lights up, fireworks go off, and the air around you crackles with electricity. 
His heated stare left me flush when I stepped off the elevator. 
Maybe things here wouldn’t be so bad after all. 

Or so I thought.

Until I walked into my new boss’s office and met my competition.
The gorgeous man from the elevator was now my nemesis. His heated stare wasn’t because of any mutual attraction. It was because he’d seen me vandalize his car. And now he couldn’t wait to annihilate his rival. 
There’s a fine line between love and hate—and we shouldn’t cross it. 
We shouldn’t—but straddling that line could be so much fun.


Title: We Shouldn't
Author: Vi Keeland
Publisher: Amazon Media EU
Edition: Kindle 
Amount of Pages: 316
Genre: Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Date Read 21-01-2019 - 22-01-2019

Favorite Quote: "We don't fall in love with the perfect, we fall in love despite a persons imperfections" 

Review:
I really liked this book. I didn't expect to like it this much if I'm being honest. I've read Vi's collaboration books with Penelope Ward, and while those where good, they weren't as good as this one. 
The phase moved well, and yes it was a bit predictable at certain times, it worked for the story. It didn't take way from it. 
The banter in this book was really good as well, very entertaining. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Bennet and Annalise. Both of them find themselves in a situation they rather not be in. After their companies merged both of them are fighting to keep their jobs, as there can only be one.
The fact that didn't get of in a good way isn't helping at all. You see Annalise got a ticket for parking in a space she shouldn't, and another car that was in the same spot, didn't. Ticked of by this Annalise checked out the other car to find out why he didn't get a ticked, and managed to get her hair stuck underneath the wiper and while trying to free herself she accidentally broke it off. She walked away but walked back over, instead of writing a "sorry" note she put her ticket underneath the remaining wiper. She thought she got away with it but she didn't know that the owner of the car, bennet saw it all happen. 
Not only didn't that little stunt helped their relationship, bennet being an asshole doesn't help much either. He is arrogant and is willing to do allot to keep his job. 
As both of them have to work together, their attraction towards each other continues to grow. But in the end, only one can keep the job, will they choose the possibility of love, or is their job really that important...

What did I like about this book
I liked the banter between Annalise and Bennet. Annalise really held her own and continued to stick to her falues. I must admit I was ticked off by her actions in the beginning. That was a dick move from her. Nobody likes getting a ticked but trying to pass yours off to someone else and destroying their car without an apology note is just wrong. 

Anyhow, I liked watching Annalise and Bennet grow closer to each other. Their attraction is so palpable and they are great together. 

Overall it was a very enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more from Vi in the future. 

Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment