Saturday, February 9, 2019

Review "Hidayway by Penelope Douglas"

BANKS

Buried in the shadows of the city, there's a hotel called The Pope. Ailing, empty, and dark, it sits abandoned and surrounded by a forgotten mystery.

But you think it's true, don't you, Kai Mori? The story about the hidden twelfth floor. The mystery of the dark guest who never checked in and never checks out. You think I can help you find that secret hideaway and get to him, don't you?

You and your friends can try to scare me. You can try to push me. Because even though I struggle to hide everything I feel when you look at me--and have ever since I was a girl--I think maybe what you seek is so much closer than you'll ever realize.

I will never betray him.

So sit tight.

On Devil's Night, the hunt will be coming to you.

KAI

You have no idea what I seek, Little One. You don't know what I had to become to survive three years in prison for a crime I would gladly commit again.

No one can know what I've turned into.

I want that hotel, I want to find him, and I want this over.

I want my life back.

But the more I'm around you, the more I realize this new me is exactly who I was meant to be.

So come on, kid. Don't chicken out. My house is on the hill. So many ways in, and good luck finding your way out.

I've seen your hideaway. Time to see mine.


Title: Hideawy (Devil's Night #2)
Author: Penelope Douglas
Publisher: Penelope Douglas LLC
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 437
Genre: New Adult, Suspense, Dark Romance

Date Read: 07-02-2019

Favorite Quote: “We’re only ever good, because there are consequences. Take those away, and everyone shows their true self. Kind of like taking off a mask.” 

Review:
I liked this book but not as much as I liked the first book. The thrill I felt while reading the first book was missing in this book. Well maybe not missing but it didn't grab me as much as it did in the first. 
I was very curious to see what would happen with Kai. I really liked him in the first book. It was fun seeing the other characters again. 
I also really wanted to know what the hell Damon was up to.
I liked banks but I also had trouble connecting with her at certain times. I don't know sometimes she rubbed me the wrong way. 
I didn't really feel the chemistry between Banks and Kai if I'm honest. I like them together and I'm glad they are happy but there was something missing. Something to convince me that they really loved each other. I felt it from Kai's side but really missed in sometimes from Banks. 
Overall I enjoyed reading this book. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Kai. He is searching for what he really want in his live. He feels like his past mistakes are still hanging over his head no matter what he does. 
And it doesn't help that Damon, old friend turned enemy is still out there and he made it clear there is unfinished business. 
Banks didn't have it easy growing up. Her mom wasn't there for her, and her dad is a piece of shit. She had one person to rely on and he wasn't the most stable person either. 
She and Kai have a history, but will they have a future? 

What did I like about this book:
I still liked the suspense in the book. I liked seeing more from their past. What made them what they are. And I liked seeing certain events from book 1 in another point of view. 
I'm very curious to see where Damons story is heading. 

Rating:
4 I liked it stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment